Class of 2017 - MJ Walker to Florida St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 MJ Walker to Florida St

AWMKY

Starter
SG out of Lithia Springs, GA (Atlanta West Christian Academy) - 6'5" | 205

Latest mix:

Apparently has high interest in Syracuse, take it with a grain of salt..just peeped 2 4 7

Wow, I've seen his name for at least a year and noticed his interest in Syracuse, but never checked him out, because we haven't seemed to show him interest and knowing he was a football player, I figured he was just bigger than his opposition and he bulled his way around the court. Boy was I wrong. He seems like a heck of an athlete, but has a good stroke and can handle and pass a little. I like him, I hope we jump in here.

Dean, have you seen any full games of MJ Walker's? I am dreaming of two of Diallo, Lonnie and MJ. Playing one on the wing, probably Diallo or MJ. Both are strong enough and athletic enough to defend and rebound that position, in my opinion.

Dean, have you seen any full games of MJ Walker's? I am dreaming of two of Diallo, Lonnie and MJ. Playing one on the wing, probably Diallo or MJ. Both are strong enough and athletic enough to defend and rebound that position, in my opinion.
Yes, I have. Walker's game is straight filthy. Unlimited range from deep and is one of the best all around scorers in the class. Thought maybe he could be the type that peaks too soon since he was so good early on, but he's still trending as one of the elite players in the class.

Yes, I have. Walker's game is straight filthy. Unlimited range from deep and is one of the best all around scorers in the class. Thought maybe he could be the type that peaks too soon since he was so good early on, but he's still trending as one of the elite players in the class.
I am kicking myself for not checking him out earlier. I have learned a valuable lesson, because damn, he is impressive. I hope we show interest.

Yes please, Syracuse!

Somebody posted on the Rivals board I frequent that they have him projected to commit here. I'm sure that doesn't mean a whole lot (maybe a little more than Lundardi's bracketology in May) but it's something.

Any chance Boeheim hooks him with the pitch that he could play football, too? Probably not, right?

Somebody posted on the Rivals board I frequent that they have him projected to commit here. I'm sure that doesn't mean a whole lot (maybe a little more than Lundardi's bracketology in May) but it's something.

Any chance Boeheim hooks him with the pitch that he could play football, too? Probably not, right?
He would count towards the FB scholarship, not hoops, I believe. Doubt HCDB would spend a schollie on someone whose primary sport is basketball.

He would count towards the FB scholarship, not hoops, I believe. Doubt HCDB would spend a schollie on someone whose primary sport is basketball.

It's a pipe dream for sure. But he is a kid with interest from Auburn and offers from the likes of Clemson, Florida, Ole Miss, and Michigan. How many guys does the football team typically land that have serious interest from these schools? Could be worth the gamble.

Has anyone asked Coach Babers how he feels about two sport athletes? Usually by their junior year, the players have to choose a sport. But, we could land MJ Walker and Jordan Wright, two phenomenal two sport athletes, that would be amazing.

Is he worth putting that much sucking up for? You would think daddy dearest would want him to go to a school where he could start and be a star and be at a school who could possibly go to the FF lik SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom