MLB Hot Stove thread | Syracusefan.com

MLB Hot Stove thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
Chris Sale is going from Chicago to Boston for Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and two lower prospects.

Not sure I like this trade.

Boston also got Tyler Thornberg for Travis Shaw.

Which team has best big 3 for the rotation?
Cubs- Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks
Indians- Kluber, Carcasso, Salazar
Mets- Syndergard, DeGrom, Harvey
Red Sox- Sale, Price,Porcello

Chris Sale is going from Chicago to Boston for Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and two lower prospects.

Not sure I like this trade.

Boston also got Tyler Thornberg for Travis Shaw.

Which team has best big 3 for the rotation?
Cubs- Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks
Indians- Kluber, Carcasso, Salazar
Mets- Syndergard, DeGrom, Harvey
Red Sox- Sale, Price,Porcello

Option e

Toronto- Happ, Sanchez, Stroman.

Stroman's interchangable with Estrada and I thought Liriano looked great too.

Harvey has to prove he is healthy, I might put Matz in there instead.

Option e

Toronto- Happ, Sanchez, Stroman.

Stroman's interchangable with Estrada and I thought Liriano looked great too.
I get your a Jays fan but that top 3 isn't as good as the other 4.
Toronto needs to keep EE and JB or they could be in trouble. Estrada is like Clay Buchholz he has dominant stretches and then is mediocre.

Boston still has Clay Buchholz, Drew Pomentraz, Steven Wright, Eduardo Rodriguez as starters. With the elite top 3 they can deal one or two of these other SP for roster depth.

Toronto needs to keep EE and JB or they could be in trouble. Estrada is like Clay Buchholz he has dominant stretches and then is mediocre.

Boston still has Clay Buchholz, Drew Pomentraz, Steven Wright, Eduardo Rodriguez as starters. With the elite top 3 they can deal one or two of these other SP for roster depth.
Estrada is not like Buchholz. Estrada fell victim to untimely, rare poor run support. Price was awful last year and is historically bad in October.

Only a matter of time before Stroman puts it all together and we all know who has the better bullpen. Not to mention Happ and Sanchez are each early watch for the Cy young as well.

EE hurts, JB doesn't. Bautista's washed up and will provide someone with a 25 homerun, .245 hitter who will hit a walk off every now and then. I'll keep Donaldson/Tulo/Martin etc.

Estrada is not like Buchholz. Estrada fell victim to untimely, rare poor run support. Price was awful last year and is historically bad in October.

Only a matter of time before Stroman puts it all together and we all know who has the better bullpen. Not to mention Happ and Sanchez are each early watch for the Cy young as well.

EE hurts, JB doesn't. Bautista's washed up and will provide someone with a 25 homerun, .245 hitter who will hit a walk off every now and then. I'll keep Donaldson/Tulo/Martin etc.
Price was not awful. He wasn't a Cy candidate but he wasn't awful. Estrada was on my fantasy team last year so I now what what is. He was hot for 2 months, then medciore for 2 months and bad in September when he got hurt and came back okay in October. He is not anything more than a #3 or 4.

Better bullpen? Sox have Thornburg, Uehara, Carson Smith back from injury, and a better closer in Kimbrel.

What is the Jays bullpen?

Price was not awful. He wasn't a Cy candidate but he wasn't awful. Estrada was on my fantasy team last year so I now what what is. He was hot for 2 months, then medciore for 2 months and bad in September when he got hurt and came back okay in October. He is not anything more than a #3 or 4.

Better bullpen? Sox have Thornburg, Uehara, Carson Smith back from injury, and a better closer in Kimbrel.

Osuna, who had 1 years experience, had 36 saves. He'll end up being the better closer. Benoit, Biagini and Grilli weren't too shabby either.

I'd take Estrada over Buchholz in a heartbeat. Clay's best days are long behind him.

I don't think the Sox are that interested in signing Koji as a FA, at least that's what I've read. Smith isn't due back until June. Kimbrel is good but he can have maddening stretches where he can't find the plate. I was disappointed in him to a degree. Thornburg looks like a good pickup.

Price had some excellent outings and some horrible outings. He has to be more consistent in 2017. Given the money he was paid I'd rate his season as a B-.

Sounds like the Cubs are going to be sending Jorge Soler to Kansas City for Wade Davis. Not official yet as far as I can tell, but sounds like it's basically agreed upon.

Sounds like the Cubs are going to be sending Jorge Soler to Kansas City for Wade Davis. Not official yet as far as I can tell, but sounds like it's basically agreed upon.
This deal is official. I don't get it for KC. It is a steal for Chicago. Davis is a stud. Unless this is his last year I don't gt why you trade him for Soler. Soler had no position with the Cubs and is all potential.

Sounds like he is the replacement for Chapman, good deal for the Cubs.

This deal is official. I don't get it for KC. It is a steal for Chicago. Davis is a stud. Unless this is his last year I don't gt why you trade him for Soler. Soler had no position with the Cubs and is all potential.

Davis has 1 year left on his deal I believe. I'll always be scared of what Soler can develop into; in the very least, probably a good DH in the AL. But if Davis is healthy and the Cubs can keep him beyond this year, it's an absolute steal.

The Nationals traded Lucas Giolito and 2 other prospects for Adam Eaton.
The Nate GM should be fired for this deal. Gioltio is the top pitching prospect in baseball and all he got was Adam Eaton. What a dumb trade.

The Nate GM should be fired for this deal. Gioltio is the top pitching prospect in baseball and all he got was Adam Eaton. What a dumb trade.

Somebody call the cops, the Nationals got robbed big time, what are they thinking?

That old adage about how you can never have enough pitching? The Nats had better hope that their rotation stays healthy b/c they traded away all of their quality depth. Quality with a capital Q. Strikes me as a desperation deal by a GM who realizes that the window is closing (Harper ain't comin' back once he hits free agency). They have two years to win it all, otherwise the bottom drops out.

That old adage about how you can never have enough pitching? The Nats had better hope that their rotation stays healthy b/c they traded away all of their quality depth. Quality with a capital Q. Strikes me as a desperation deal by a GM who realizes that the window is closing (Harper ain't comin' back once he hits free agency). They have two years to win it all, otherwise the bottom drops out.

As a Met fan I love it, I think Giolito is going to be really good, to give him up for a guy like Eaton is insane.

That one just stunned me. Not just Giolioto, the other 2 are high prospects also. I had to look up Adam Eaton's stats a couple times just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

So much for the Yankees trying to get out from under the luxury tax...

The question remains: Can the starters get the game to the point where Chapman matters--at least matters to the degree of $90 mill or so.

Yankees will regret that contract in 2 years. Chapman will lose velocity and is wild. I don't get why they would overpay for that guy. It put them over the luxury tax as well.

As a Met fan I love it, I think Giolito is going to be really good, to give him up for a guy like Eaton is insane.

The thing is Giolito was really bad in the majors last year and Eaton is a good player signed ot a GREAT contract. So I can see it from the Nats POV.

Yankees will regret that contract in 2 years. Chapman will lose velocity and is wild. I don't get why they would overpay for that guy. It put them over the luxury tax as well.

I think in part because unlike with Jansen, there's no draft pick attached. I do wonder how long a guy can last throwing that hard though. (Don't ask me about Thor)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom