Class of 2021 - MLB Malik Matthew (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 MLB Malik Matthew (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Well done, Malik!

1590203013909.jpeg

NYS recruiting has been pretty solid this year. I know this staff has gotten flack in past cycles for the lack of NY focus, but based on 247's state rankings we have 2 of the top 4 right now and if we land Fuentes 3 of the top 6, while still in the conversation with the #1 Seven McGee if he does decide to play closer to home.

NYS recruiting has been pretty solid this year. I know this staff has gotten flack in past cycles for the lack of NY focus, but based on 247's state rankings we have 2 of the top 4 right now and if we land Fuentes 3 of the top 6, while still in the conversation with the #1 Seven McGee if he does decide to play closer to home.
This staff is more than willing to stay local for recruiting if the kids are good enough, this year seems to be one of those years.

I still think Seven's a bit of wishful thinking.

Gotta believe we are also benefiting from a stay local sentiment by the players parents a bit here as well. All schools will be benefiting from that though this year. Very happy to see in state talent coming to Syracuse no matter.

Matthew is viewed as a fit at both inside linebacker positions in White’s 3-3-5 scheme as well as the strong-side spot that often aligns on the edge”.

I can see guys like Matthew, Kinsler and Lowery playing up on the LOS and causing problems for opponents

September 21st. start date. The NY kids are going to have a short season, if any season at all.