Class of 2021 - MLB Malik Matthew (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 MLB Malik Matthew (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Love this prospect and rooting for him

952E7474-5E19-4936-BC25-4145EACED8D0.jpeg

If we are to turn around this program, we must get our share of the P5 prospects NYC produces.

Coach Babers recognizes it. He made his best recruiter, Coach Monroe, responsible for recruiting the city.

This is nice. Hopefully we get to the point we we are a factor for all NYC recruits and we land half of them. I think that is a good and reasonable goal.

This commit moves Syracuse to the #49 ranked class (according to 7x24). 2 players from NYS, 2 from PA, one from MA. It is getting a little more like a typical Syracuse recruiting class now...

For comparison purposes Matthew is ranked the the 1231st best player in the country and the 87th best OLB. Roon is ranked the 801th best player in the country and the 50th best OLB. These are sing the 247 player composite. If Roon commits, he would be the highest ranked player in the class and SU would move up to 46th in the country.

Last edited:
If we are to turn around this program, we must get our share of the P5 prospects NYC produces.

Coach Babers recognizes it. He made his best recruiter, Coach Monroe, responsible for recruiting the city.

This is nice. Hopefully we get to the point we we are a factor for all NYC recruits and we land half of them. I think that is a good and reasonable goal.

This commit moves Syracuse to the #49 ranked class (according to 7x24). 2 players from NYS, 2 from PA, one from MA. It is getting a little more like a typical Syracuse recruiting class now...
Yes If there is kids in NYS that can help us win then we need to get them each year. Monroe's personality is perfect for NYC and I'm hoping it will get the other Bronx kid.

Very nice.

1 down...

So far, the defensive part of the class is shaping up nicely. 2 DTs, 2 DEs, 2 LBs, and a safety.
My count is:
2 DT's: Moss and Lockett
1 DE: Nelson
2 LB's: McDonald and Matthew
1 DB: Folk

Who am I missing?

My count is:
2 DT's: Moss and Lockett
1 DE: Nelson
2 LB's: McDonald and Matthew
1 DB: Folk

Who am I missing?
McDonald is both. He can grow into at weakside DE

For comparison purposes Matthew is ranked the the 1231st best player in the country and the 87th best OLB. Roon is ranked the 801th best player in the country and the 50th best OLB. These are sing the 247 player composite. If Roon commits, he would be the highest ranked player in the class and SU would move up to 46th in the country.

Unbelievably rivals has both of our New York kids top five for New York State