Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10842984-large.jpg

How the shot clock and the 3-pointer changed college basketball

Syracuse's Jim Boeheim ranks sixth on list of college basketball's best coaches (Smith)

Mixed Juice: How will Syracuse do in 2012-13 without Nerlens Noel?

Recruiting

Isaiah Whitehead

Video

Jardine shows fan appreciation at autograph signing

Former Players

The Heartfelt Silence Of Carmelo Anthony

Melo had 42, 9 & 5 in loss

Jonny had 9, 5 & 4 in one point loss

Former Staff

Troy Weaver, Thunder's assistant GM: It was Weaver who urged Presti and the rest of the basketball staff to take a second look at Russell Westbrook when they worked together in Seattle. On Weaver's recommendation, the Sonics dug in with their research on Westbrook and wound up picking him fourth in the 2008 draft. So, yeah, that worked out pretty well. Weaver has a keen eye for talent, is a scout at heart and has learned the administrative side from one of the best in the business in Presti.
Listing the best executive free agents on the market

Around The Big East

Father: Richard Pitino to be next head coach at FIU

Blog

Syracuse Basketball: 5 Players Who Need to Step Up in a Big Way ...

SU Softball

Late Dramatics Lift SU past Notre Dame

History Making SU Track Star

Boston Marathon 2012 mile markers: 45 years since Kathrine Switzer ...

SU Video

Call Me Maybe

Are those guys really predicting a 4 seed? I have a hard time believing at least 12 teams will be better than SU next season.

Great. Another recruit who is hoping to hear from Kentucky. We might as well shift our focus off of Whitehead now.

Great. Another recruit who is hoping to hear from Kentucky. We might as well shift our focus off of Whitehead now.

Cal has these kids tripping over themselves to pay there its crazy, at least they all cant go there

Don't be a defeatist, we are 1 & 2 against them in the last year

Don't be a defeatist, we are 1 & 2 against them in the last year

Ha, good point Oeyes. My only concern is the guys that are "waiting to hear from Kentucky". Kids like DaJuan who aren't in that mold - I'm all in for going head to head with that Calipari for them.

Ha, good point Oeyes. My only concern is the guys that are "waiting to hear from Kentucky". Kids like DaJuan who aren't in that mold - I'm all in for going head to head with that Calipari for them.
Cal really put the full court press on DC. He came here to watch him at JD, DC was at the Kentucky MM while Noel & Goodluck were at ours.

Kentucky Coach John Calipari Watches DaJuan Coleman Win State ...

Coleman Hosts Calipari for Home Visit | ZagsBlog.com

Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari comes to CNY to visit ...

Live Look-In at Calipari's reaction to Coleman's Announcement ...

Pay pal said something derogatory about DC not going to Kentucky, I forget the exact wording.

I am a big time DC2 fan. Getting him was so, so important to us. Definitely aware of the time Cal took with his recruitment! Going head to head with him for recruits is going to be a given as we have hit another Golden Age for SU hoops. I just want us to be judicious with our efforts when we hear a recruit saying early on that the school he wants to hear from is Kentucky.

Kathy Switzer. 45 years? Yikes. I remember her working out with the mens track team in the late 60s. I must be getting old.

Uk almost got coleman, i doubt we could waltz into lexington for a top ten recruit and be a legitimate threat...to be honest if uk and cuse both wa t a kid equally he going to uk 8 out of ten times imo

Uk almost got coleman, i doubt we could waltz into lexington for a top ten recruit and be a legitimate threat...to be honest if uk and cuse both wa t a kid equally he going to uk 8 out of ten times imo

Because their boosters are loose cannons, and the entire university is about the bball program. They will go to great lengths to get kids $$$ and grades and then create paper trails so long it would take investigators 20 years to make connections. My guess is that boosters work through the nameless runners that WWW supplies so nothing can be traced to Cal.

Because their boosters are loose cannons, and the entire university is about the bball program. They will go to great lengths to get kids $$$ and grades and then create paper trails so long it would take investigators 20 years to make connections. My guess is that boosters work through the nameless runners that WWW supplies so nothing can be traced to Cal.

For sure, thats why i would have little confidence going one on one against them for a recruit in a neutral territory, say like chicago...