Mood has changed... | Syracusefan.com

Mood has changed...

AlpharettaCuse

Adhere to the protocols
Since the Sweet 16 run. CUSE fans seems optimistic with Battle returning and the addition of a pretty good freshmen class, along with Elijah Hughes. The media seems to think we will be pretty good, even without Darius Bazely.

What say you?

P.S. walked into a liquor store here in the ATL with my cuse S shirt on. It gets attention. Recent Cuse law graduate gave me the high five. Lovin it.

Where’s that fella that said the game has passed JB by?

:)

Last edited:
Since the Sweet 16 run. CUSE fans seems optimistic with Battle returning and the addition of a pretty good freshmen class, along with Elijah Hughes. The media seems to think we will be pretty good, even without Darius Bazely.

What say you?

P.S. walked into a liquor store here in the ATL with my cuse S shirt on. It gets attention. Recent Cuse law graduate gave me the high five. Lovin it.

I say... We got the ACC.

Top 3 anyway

Finishing 4th in the ACC is my goal right now. Anything higher is gravy. Also want to reach ACC tourney semis. Probably have to wait for mid to late January to see if my thoughts change.

Finishing 4th in the ACC is my goal right now. Anything higher is gravy. Also want to reach ACC tourney semis. Probably have to wait for mid to late January to see if my thoughts change.

Honestly nothing terrifies me more in regards to the Big Dance than if we win a bunch of ACCT games.

Since we've hopped leagues we like to save those wins for the real tournament and I am 100% OK with that. Having 8x as many NCAA tournament wins as ACC tournament wins in the same span is fine by me. Don't even care if it takes us another 5 years to win another ACCT game.

Honestly nothing terrifies me more in regards to the Big Dance than if we win a bunch of ACCT games.

Since we've hopped leagues we like to save those wins for the real tournament and I am 100% OK with that. Having 8x as many NCAA tournament wins as ACC tournament wins in the same span is fine by me. Don't even care if it takes us another 5 years to win another ACCT game.

Huh...do you really think "saving" wins for the NCAAT is the reason we have bombed in the ACCT? Even if saving wins was remotely part of the equation (it is not), can a perennial bubble team afford to think that way?

NOT winning ACCT games is what should "terrify" you.

Duke bringing in recruits 1,2 and 3. I want them so bad this year I can taste it. Gonna be a crazy game as I’m sure Cuse players are gonna have a chip on their shoulder and using their experience to school them! Talent only goes so far.

NCAA's are preeminent. Holding the ACCT in Greensborough just makes it worse. :confused:

Last edited:
Huh...do you really think "saving" wins for the NCAAT is the reason we have bombed in the ACCT? Even if saving wins was remotely part of the equation (it is not), can a perennial bubble team afford to think that way?

If you think this years team is a bubble team I don't know what to tell you. Guess you missed the game vs MSU in Detroit. FYI all those guys are coming back.

Ever since we joined the ACC and had that 25-0 start more bad than good has happened to the program. But we have still managed 8 NCAAT wins in that time span. The ACC is too tough to go on a run in the conference tournament when you will be playing your third game in 3 days and facing a rested UNC team that is playing their first. Its not the Big East there are no cinderalla runs. Its not in MSG. The conference is tough a NCAA tournament team is usually playing on that Tuesday. Pitt and UVA can take it seriously I am cool with getting bounced early and resting up for the games that matter.

Cuse will be good obviously. While the starters are the same players as the regular season last year, and there were some problems then, these players have matured and worked on their game a year more now and they got to see what it takes (including confidence) to make a run in the NCAAT. So, I expect less bad moments/games (sure, there will be some) next season. And, if a player is having a bad game or needs a blow, this coming season Cuse will have excellent bench options, which makes a huge difference. Expectations are certainly high, but I want expectations turned into reality.

Bottom line is this...Good to great defensive team but until the new guys show they can play both sides of the ball we won't be any better than last year. If we can have a slight drop in defense but open up the offense we will be one of the favorites to win the ACC and have a home region in the NCAA. Offense is going to be the key, another year of the ISO offense isn't going to help us in the least.

Duke bringing in recruits 1,2 and 3. I want them so bad this year I can taste it. Gonna be a crazy game as I’m sure Cuse players are gonna have a chip on their shoulder and using their experience to school them! Talent only goes so far.
This is what I'm really hoping for this year...one of those Cuse teams where a couple of super experienced 3-4 star juniors and seniors whoop the snot out of some 5 star 18yr olds. Friggin LOVE it :)

Honestly, since the Richmond fiasco nothing terrifies me more than spiders.

What say you?

If you want to change your mood, Ive personally found the stuff in your avatar, or any number of things one could ingest(including the comfort food that makes society so fat...though food isnt the one likely to get you the high 5s you enjoy) to be far more reliable for mood than relying on the antics of teenagers who wear short pants(Boeheim paraphrase).

Of course that phrase could also be construed to be something along the lines of Aqualung, although I didnt think of that until after I wrote it(it's also a pure assumption that Aqualung was the one with the bad intent, one most folks seem to take for granted unfortunately).

Last edited:
Bottom line is this...Good to great defensive team but until the new guys show they can play both sides of the ball we won't be any better than last year. If we can have a slight drop in defense but open up the offense we will be one of the favorites to win the ACC and have a home region in the NCAA. Offense is going to be the key, another year of the ISO offense isn't going to help us in the least.
Agree with you to a degree, but...
Saying we'll be no better than last year to me means we would be at least as good as we were at the end of the year.

Look at the experience gained by all five of the starters, particularly the improvement in Marek, OB and Chewy.
This is saying nothing about the continued progress of Battle and Frank's games.

We'll be better than last year. The only question for me is how much better the new additions will make us to give us a chance to be one of the best in the ACC.

This is the best Orange starting team in 5 years.
And in terms of depth it goes back even more than that.
It's all "on paper", of course.
But the Orange should strive for winning the conference...just as they should every year.

We're talking about Syracuse basketball...not some fly by night school like Texas Southmost, Alaska Northmost or G-town.

\

no excuses with battle back. top 3 in league single digit losses.

personally, i don't give a hoot in hell about conference tournament games. never have. the true conference champ is the one that proves it over the long haul of the regular season; the tourney is a gimmick designed to enrich the school & conference coffers

Personally, I feel great excitement for this coming year. Our Defense should be better than last year. We aren’t taking plays off cause we at 40 min. Per kid. Should be Fresher and more aggressive. I see big improvements in offense. Better shooting, more movement , and quicker baskets. Can’t wait.

personally, i don't give a hoot in hell about conference tournament games. never have. the true conference champ is the one that proves it over the long haul of the regular season; the tourney is a gimmick designed to enrich the school & conference coffers

I agree about the value of the regular season. I was responding specifically to the OP's belief that JB was "saving wins" for the NCAAT by losing in the ACCT.

I agree about the value of the regular season. I was responding specifically to the OP's belief that JB was "saving wins" for the NCAAT by losing in the ACCT.

Boeheim's not saving anything, per se, but I bet there's not a game on the schedule that he cares less about than the conference tournament. I get the sense over the years that he's happy to bring the team back home early and focus on the important games the following week.