More apr nonsense | Syracusefan.com

More apr nonsense

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Southern illinois wont let a kid transfer until he as a 2.6 gpa, below that it hurts the score

Southern illinois wont let a kid transfer until he as a 2.6 gpa, below that it hurts the score

So unless the kid gets a 2.6 he is ineligible. Must have a real bad GPA right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So unless the kid gets a 2.6 he is ineligible. Must have a real bad GPA right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He has a 2.5 GPA.

He has a 2.5 GPA.

then the article is wrong. he wouldn't need a 2.6. you get 1 point for being academically eligible at the end of the semester per ncaa rules and 1 point for staying (but that can be appealed if a xfer or going pro). how can he be academically ineligible with a 2.5 and needing a 2.6? depending upon his year, he would need anywhere from a 1.7-2.0.

then the article is wrong. he wouldn't need a 2.6. you get 1 point for being academically eligible at the end of the semester per ncaa rules and 1 point for staying (but that can be appealed if a xfer or going pro). how can he be academically ineligible with a 2.5 and needing a 2.6? depending upon his year, he would need anywhere from a 1.7-2.0.

Because 2.5 is less than 2.6?

No, it's a different rule for transfers. Kids who stay at his current school, or go pro, just have to academically eligible in order for the school to not lose an APR point. For a kid that transfers, he has to have at least a 2.6 in order to not lose a point.

That's right - a measure called the Academic Progress Rate is more harsh on players who transfer and continue their college education than it is on players who leave college with no intention of ever going back.

No, it's a different rule for transfers. Kids who stay at his current school, or go pro, just have to academically eligible in order for the school to not lose an APR point. For a kid that transfers, he has to have at least a 2.6 in order to not lose a point.

That's right - a measure called the Academic Progress Rate is more harsh on players who transfer and continue their college education than it is on players who leave college with no intention of ever going back.

Not that I doubt you, but I have never seen that a 2.6 is needed anyplace. Besides, if a player transfers to a 4 year school a waiver can be requested to have the score adjusted.

Not that I doubt you, but I have never seen that a 2.6 is needed anyplace. Besides, if a player transfers to a 4 year school a waiver can be requested to have the score adjusted.

No, if a player transfers to a 4 year school and has a 2.6 GPA, a waiver can be requested to have the score adjusted.

I assure you that, as a Uconn fan, I've read more articles about the APR than I ever wanted to. I'm not proud of it, but I can tell you that those are the rules for transfers.

No, if a player transfers to a 4 year school and has a 2.6 GPA, a waiver can be requested to have the score adjusted.

I assure you that, as a Uconn fan, I've read more articles about the APR than I ever wanted to. I'm not proud of it, but I can tell you that those are the rules for transfers.

That's messed up if that's how it works. Until, the Southern Illinois article I had never seen mention of a 2.6 by anyone anyplace. Wait until 2015. Another new NCAA rule comes out that raises the initial eligibility from 2.0 to 2.3 for incoming freshman. If above 2.0 in HS but below 2.3, they can be on scholie but have to take an academic redshirt year.

Maybe the 2.6 is needed because he's on academic probation right now and needs his overall cum to be 2.0. Typically 2.0 is the academic probabtion threshold. I'd guess he needs to be at a 2.0 to be making 'progress' towards his degree.

He is right. 2.6 is the mandatory GPA for transfer students, in order to keep all APR scores.

Ridiculous rule, but most are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom