More Big Ten expansion talk | Syracusefan.com

More Big Ten expansion talk

Tramel has been consistently wrong about any of this...move along.

I do believe the end game of 16 teams though. I think if it gets to that point - nd joins

This is my favorite line from the article...

Maybe the Big Ten decides to keep adding weak football schools and invites Vanderbilt.

Wishing a lousy Christmas for the B1G and a lousier New Year.

...and of course the GOR is now coming under scrutiny by a number of blogs and even sports analysts...it will be a bumpy ride for a while...but would not feel badly is the DudeWVU got shut down.

Just analyzing his presumptions one must question if he really knows anything.

"Well then. Let’s find the schools that qualify: 1) virgin states to the Big Ten; 2) AAU members; 3) border states to the Big Ten." As the 2nd assumption is not in place and the 3rd has plainly been denied outright by the B1G, what follows is of limited value. At least #1 makes some sense (sorry, Cincy, they will not be calling you!).

He then considers Mizzou, a school that clearly wanted in teh B1G and they were rejected. Now Mizzou is in a stable conference that is working on its own network and will be making plenty of cash. So, Mizzou is not to leave the SEC for the very conference that flatly rejected her.

I do think OU is working towards the AAU, but they are at the level of Nebraska, currently, so the B1G could take them, regardless. So maybe he got that right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom