More Penn State sleaziness... | Syracusefan.com

More Penn State sleaziness...

Thats no bueno!!

this would be national news if it were a fraternity.

If this is true, Jeezus, how stupid can one program be??

I'm rarely speechless, but not sure what else Penn State can do to get shut down. Think this would come from a fake website like the Onion.

In fairness, it will be interesting to see how Penn State responds/denies the allegations. But, absent some type of direct and complete rebuttal - this is really bad. Total lack of institutional control over there?

Don't those idiots know better? I can make Sandusky remarks while making fun of them, but they can't make Sandusky jokes because they're actually a threat to do it. That's pretty much hazing 101.

It sounds like remarks weren't the crux of the issue. What a completely fubarred lockeroom if allegations are true.

This is why the program needed the death penalty. A toxic culture has been around Penn State for years. Greek life hazing has been a known problem and in the news plenty there. While this likely has no legal repercussions, the culture issues have not been impacted one bit. Penn State and local authorities did look into this. No charges were warranted. With that said that if a lesson was learned, the reaction to this should be far more strict. However that would push kids away from coming...

The death penalty or at least 20 to life would have rattled the entire PSU culture to clean up it's act and learn a larger lesson. Instead- here we are with kids making jokes about it. I understand that the concern is about harming those who weren't involved. That said every Penny St football player would have been fine at another p5 program. Not attending or playing at PSU would not harm them.

In my opinion, the Sandusky scandal is the worst in NCAA history. Worse than paying players. Worse than fake classes. Worse than point-shaving. In response, PSU got a relative slap-on-the-wrist. After a couple down years, they reloaded with talent and re-established the whole brand as if nothing happened.

I used to wonder why so many talented kids (with their parents' blessing) flocked to such a scummy situation. I thought it was just about winning, getting to the NFL, or the old Penn State "mystique". Maybe they were willing to look past this sleaze because of the personal benefits. However, a story like this - if true - tells me these players aren't simply looking past it. They're going there BECAUSE of it. They must be morally bankrupt themselves and sought out and found the perfect place to enable it.

I have no problem broad-brushing. If some of these players are so-called good kids who just wanna play football, but do nothing about what they see around them, they are morally bankrupt too.

This is why the program needed the death penalty. A toxic culture has been around Penn State for years. Greek life hazing has been a known problem and in the news plenty there. While this likely has no legal repercussions, the culture issues have not been impacted one bit. Penn State and local authorities did look into this. No charges were warranted. With that said that if a lesson was learned, the reaction to this should be far more strict. However that would push kids away from coming...

The death penalty or at least 20 to life would have rattled the entire PSU culture to clean up it's act and learn a larger lesson. Instead- here we are with kids making jokes about it. I understand that the concern is about harming those who weren't involved. That said every Penny St football player would have been fine at another p5 program. Not attending or playing at PSU would not harm them.

Great post.

We all knew Franklin is a p.o.s. This further confirms it. He just signed a shiny new contract extension. Hope there is some protective language in there.

Some of the players named are 1st round talents. Will be curious so see how far they drop.

if the article above is correct, there better be charges brought against the players who committed assault and against anyone who was complicit by not reporting it.

"Humphries says the hazers told underclassmen on the team that they were “their bitch because this is a prison” and threatened them with sexual assault."

...What?