More trouble at Baylor... | Syracusefan.com

More trouble at Baylor...

Matt Rhule took the money and ran. You could be Knute Rockne or Nick Saban and not win at Baylor these days.

Matt Rhule took the money and ran. You could be Knute Rockne or Nick Saban and not win at Baylor these days.
Well, they weren't the ones the Big XII wanted in the first place; it was supposed to be TCU all along. Anne Richards (the governor back then) and other Texas bigwigs went to Baylor and told the Big XII, "No Baylor, no UT or aTm."

Baylor had a top 25 recruiting class in Rhule’s first year. If he continues to recruit like that, Baylor will be back in no time.

Baylor had a top 25 recruiting class in Rhule’s first year. If he continues to recruit like that, Baylor will be back in no time.

Amazing that PR means jack after that storm, kids are flocking and parents are signing their tickets. Cess pool.

While you're at it, don't forget to light up Michigan State and Florida State (oh, and Penn State too).
They
Amazing that PR means jack after that storm, kids are flocking and parents are signing their tickets. Cess pool.
They just enrolled their largest freshman class ever, 58% female, and most selective class too.

They
They just enrolled their largest freshman class ever, 58% female, and most selective class too.
"Selective" and M-State are incongruous. Either way, I hope this cohort of co-eds gets treated better than some of the others. The situation there was UGLY.

This may seem crazy but Chip and Joanna Gaines of that Fixer Upper HGTV show have brought notice and publicity for both Waco and Baylor . They are graduates of Baylor and Waco is now teeming with tourists, because of them. They have had Baylor athletes, coaches, students, graduates as their clients and filmed on site at Baylor. The guy, Chip, played for Baylor and has given a very wholesome, positive image to Baylor despite their numerous scandals because of their personal popularity. Despite being one of the top rated shows on Tv, the couple has just decided to end the show to spend more time with their family so it may start waning. I bet nationally most people are unaware of Baylor's scandals and issues except diehard college sports fans but many more people in the country identify Baylor and Waco with this likeable couple and their family.

This may seem crazy but Chip and Joanna Gaines of that Fixer Upper HGTV show have brought notice and publicity for both Waco and Baylor . They are graduates of Baylor, Waco is now teeming with tourists. because of them. They have had Baylor athletes, coaches, students, graduates as their clients and filmed on site at Baylor. The guy, Chip, played for Baylor and has given a very wholesome, positive image to Baylor despite their numerous scandals because of their personal popularity. Despite being one of the top rated shows on Tv, the couple has just decided to end the show to spend more time with their family so it may start waning. I bet nationally most people are unaware of Baylor's scandals and issues except diehard college sports fans but many more people in the country identify Baylor and Waco with this likeable couple and their family.
We're not a TV family, but we have watched the show a few times, one, because it's safe for kids, and two, because Joanna's "country kitch" designs are very well done. Chip's annoying, but fortunately he sticks to the subject. Their kids are gorgeous, and their ranch looks like an ideal place to grow up. I get the impression they're quite religious (in the Waco/Baylor tradition) with 4-5 kids and counting.

All that said, people who get their "news" from a formulaic real estate shows do so at their peril.

Last edited:
We're not a TV family, but we have watched the show a few times, one, because it's safe for kids, and two, because Joanna's "country kitch" designs are very well done. Chip's annoying, but fortunately he sticks to the subject. Their kids are gorgeous, and their ranch looks like an ideal place to grow up. I get the impression they're quite religious (in the Waco/Baylor tradition) with 4-5 kids and counting.

All that said, people getting their "news" from a formulaic real estate show do so at their peril.
220px-David_koresh.jpg

All that said, people getting their "news" from a formulaic real estate shows do so at their peril.
I like Chip. He was my favorite thing about the show.

I went to business school with Chip at Baylor. He was a frat guy but wasn’t too full of himself. Always smiling.

This may seem crazy but Chip and Joanna Gaines of that Fixer Upper HGTV show have brought notice and publicity for both Waco and Baylor . They are graduates of Baylor and Waco is now teeming with tourists, because of them. They have had Baylor athletes, coaches, students, graduates as their clients and filmed on site at Baylor. The guy, Chip, played for Baylor and has given a very wholesome, positive image to Baylor despite their numerous scandals because of their personal popularity. Despite being one of the top rated shows on Tv, the couple has just decided to end the show to spend more time with their family so it may start waning. I bet nationally most people are unaware of Baylor's scandals and issues except diehard college sports fans but many more people in the country identify Baylor and Waco with this likeable couple and their family.
Actually, I believe their plans changed because another network (NBC?) made them a huge offer for similar show.

Pregnancy and Restaurant duties, Never heard any nbc noise...

They

Its not the Northeast and you can't just build a new school next door where else are people gonna go? There are approx the same number schools on Syracuse's level academically or a little better within a 90 minute ride than there are in all of Texas. (And yes Cuse/Cornell/Colgate/Rochester are approximately equal to Texas 4 best schools Baylor/Rice/UT/SMU and thats just a small portion of NY State.) Oddly enough met a female Baylor student here in MA a couple weeks ago.

The football team probably isn't even considered part of the student body by most and looked at as independent contractors or employees. I am glad we are not like that all the football players I had class with were normal students and smart kids there to get a degree. (I am sure we have our share of weaker students of course tjust saying that was not my experience at all.)

Honestly its Texas these people will put up with anything to field a good football team noone really minds being known as Rapist U if the team wins 10 games a year. They were so bad before Briles I'm shocked he doesn't have a statue on campus next to some confederate general.

I’m sure the ATF thought Waco was wholesome last time they were in town...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom