More weeknight games for other BCS conferences? | Syracusefan.com

More weeknight games for other BCS conferences?

So much for the so-called "student-athlete". What a joke! So I guess the so-called institutions of higher learning that are pushing this idea will be offering classes on Saturdays and Sundays to make up for the lost school time, right?Oh Lord

I don't get the angst around weeknight games. It's nationally broadcasted, it's not fighting for attention against 3 or more games and it's on right after you get off work and have nothing else to do but relax.

Really happy to read that the ACC is not planning on exploring this more than they are doing so already. Not a fan of weekday night games.

This is going to make it even harder for the have nots to get their games on TV and get some recognition.

IMHO, the have-nots will play their games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. The MAC played a couple on Tuesday night last season, IIRC.

The AQ schools will still play on Thursdays.

And I think it is further evidence that the Big 12 is the weakest of the Big 5 conferences, with the Pac 1x not far behind.

Long term, the Big 12 is for sure in the weakest position. It has by far the smallest footprint, population-wise, and, if Texas decides its had enough, they're in big trouble.

doesnt the avg college kid have classes 2-3 days a week for 2-3 hrs a day? the way they tutor the players im not sure whay day the game on really causes them much school issues.

The ACC already committed to 3 Friday night games when they signed the new ESPN deal. BC, and SU Thanksgiving day after game is suppose to be 1 of the 3, and I bet the team not hosting that game each year will host another, and Duke, Wake, Pitt or somebody else will host the 3rd Friday game.
Wake@BC week 2 is a Friday ESPN game this upcoming year.

As an out of state season ticket holder, I can't stand weeknight games. The Friday night games were tough for me to manage. Any day other than Saturday and possibly Friday is next to impossible. I know that I'm in the minority, but I'd hate to have to give up my season tix if it becomes a regular part of the schedule. I guess the silver lining would be that if SU gets better, the tix will be easier to scalp.