Morning Show - Apple TV Original | Syracusefan.com

Morning Show - Apple TV Original

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
I tried searching but didn’t see anything on this. Just started watching with my wife, and I can’t stop watching. It’s reallllly good. I keep trying to predict where it’s leading, and am really enjoying it.

Anyone else see it and have thoughts?

Me and the Mrs watched the first season. We also really enjoyed it. Agreed in that we couldn’t figure out where it was going. Thought Reese Witherspoon did an excellent job. I was surprised that it was only moderately received.

all the Apple shows got panned so hard to bite the bullet and spend the money

Hadn't heard of this show until I saw this thread. We tossed it on the other night while waiting for tennis to start. Didn't think I was going to get through the first episode, kept saying "I thought this would be funnier". We were both hooked by episode two. Think we're on 5 now, still loving it. I think I've said "Whaaat in the helllll" about 15 times.

so why did you buy apple+ tv then if not to watch this show?

so why did you buy apple+ tv then if not to watch this show?

It originally came free for a month or two when I upgraded my cell phone back in October. I scrolled around the app then, thought everything looked stupid and cancelled my free trial. When I saw this thread I checked it out again, it let me watch two episodes then I had to subscribe. We'll keep it until we finish the season, unless there's other decent shows on there.

I had mixed feelings on this show from the first couple of episodes. And, as it progressed, i developed a lot of respect for it. Really good writing. The problem, though, is that, unlike Succession where there are no redeemable/likable characters, but it's still sorta 'delicious' to see them flail about, in The Morning Show, there just aren't any at all, and it's not enjoyable when they collapse and burn. But, the writing is good. Somehow. It's not big enough or likable enough to be as good as The Newsroom, which i LOVE, but there are similarities, especially in how they deal with the retrospective treatment of 'current news,' and the 'set' set, and how they make me reminisce about living in New York.

I'm surprised there's going to be a Season 2, though. Not sure i like anyone involved enough to want to do more of this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom