Most disappointing moment as a fan | Syracusefan.com

Most disappointing moment as a fan

GooseMutt

All Conference
Bazley canceling is fresh on my mind so I will decline it as recent emotion. But for me, it was when Fab was declared academically ineligible. Still think about what could have been.

We're the same age. I was 10 in March 1987 also.

I was born in June so I was pushing 11 but still 10. I never really considered the possibility that we could lose so it was a crushing disappointment at the time. Still is now that I think about it . . . . .

Last edited:
When I found out Fab was out for the 2012 tournament. I just couldn't believe it.

Smart hitting that damn shot.

The BS offensive foul on Wallace with 2 minutes to go in NC game (his 5th).

Arinze's quad injury.

Fab being declared ineligible day before tournament when we were the best team in the country.

The murderer, Charles Smith, driving coast-to-coast uncontested for game winning layup after Sherman Douglas hit the go ahead basket with 6 seconds left in '88.

Pearl getting blocked by Walter Berry as time expired.

Waning moments of Richmond game, as realization set in that we were the first 2 seed to lose to a 15.

Some of the other things that people mentioned were awful, but some out of the teams control and some after a hard fought and grueling season.

I’m going with our loss to Dayton in the 25-0 season, that team had talent and we literally fell off a cliff and our final game was one of the most piss poor efforts from the players and coaching staff. It was disappointing most to me because we should’ve been so much better.

On the court- Keith Smart smarted but it was one of two great plays by him. I'll go with having providence miss 9 straight free throws down the stretch in '99 and then getting 9 straight offensive rebounds when we were trying to get the ball back. The team left the court to a chorus of boos and JB didn't bother defending his players in the pressor. I think he did more than boo in the locker room.

Off the court- Fab's suspension for the NCAA tournament when we thought everything had been taken care of. I was in my car and almost drove off the road.

Announcement of Sanctions I
Announcement of Sanctions II
Breaking of Bernie Fine FakeNews (i never use that term, but seems appropriate here)
Hopkins Taking Job at Univ. Washington

I am going with most disappointing moment at a game that I was at and it was definitely vs Vermont in Worcester. I still can't believe how stunned everyone was.

Announcement of Sanctions I
Announcement of Sanctions II
Breaking of Bernie Fine FakeNews (i never use that term, but seems appropriate here)
Hopkins Taking Job at Univ. Washington

Was the Fine thing really fake news?

I was only 5 years old in 1987 thank the lord, so for me it's definitely Moten's timeout. I was absolutely devastated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom