Hall of Fame
Let's discuss this deeper.

Here's my top 5:
5. Nassib @ Mizzou
4. McPherson v PSU 1987
3. Dungey v Clemson 2017
2. McNabb @ Michigan

1. Marvin Graves @ WVU 1992
The game-winning drive in that emotionally supercharged atmosphere was truly legendary.

Last edited:
Graves vs Miami in the Dome, 1992? They sacked him 6 times or so in the first half, he was puking in the second, and we came this close to #1 upset.
Yeah, I considered that one too. It was tough to leave off. I guess, ultimately I went with wins.

And apologies to earlier QBs. I'm sure Bill Hurley had a game or two that might belong on this list, or guys from earlier. I just never saw them play.

Also at Miami. And the game in Baton Rouge when he threw an interception on the first play and dragged the defender out of bounds by his face mask
I don't know about at Miami. It's hard to say he's heroic when he throws 4 picks and goes 13/41 for 137 yards.

Also at Miami. And the game in Baton Rouge when he threw an interception on the first play and dragged the defender out of bounds by his face mask

The first two plays of each half just killed us.

Wasn't that the game where he spent the first half throwing it to guys on the other team?

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was McNabb outrunning 21 guys to horse-collar the VPI player who intercepted a failed 2-point-conversion pass.

Very under the radar: 2001 Troy Nunes in the Dome vs. East Carolina (led by senior David Garrard).

This was right after 9/11. RJ gets hurt so Nunes comes in. Many people in the Dome disgustingly boo him, and he goes and plays the best game of his career and leads us to victory.

Last edited:
The run down extended one handed horse collar was the epitomy of effort and heart by McNabb

Start at 1:23 mark

I get goosebumps every time I watch that.
That pass to Brominski was just a flick of the wrist by McNabb off his back foot and it traveled about 30 yards with a lot of loft.

Very under the radar: 2001 Troy Nunes in the Dome vs. East Carolina.

This was right after 9/11. RJ gets hurt so Nunes comes in. Many people in the Dome disgustingly boo him, and he goes and plays the best game of his career and leads us to victory.
The East Carolina game was postponed because of 9/11. The Auburn game was actually the first game post-9/11. I think East Carolina ended up being the next week.
This doesn’t contradict what you said. I’m just challenging my own memory.

Last edited:
Wasn't that the game where he spent the first half throwing it to guys on the other team?

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was McNabb outrunning 21 guys to horse-collar the VPI player who intercepted a failed 2-point-conversion pass.
Yeah. We had three or 4 drives in a row end in a int.

And at Miami.
Yep. Both games I had to question Dino as maintaining a “family/ohana” atmosphere because Eric was pushing himself to the point of serious injury that Im not sure he recovered from his senior year