Most Targets Without a TD Allowed This Season | Syracusefan.com

Most Targets Without a TD Allowed This Season

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter

These guys are already All-ACC good. Another year of progression and they could be elite college corners.

If Trill comes back (I’ll be surprised) and another safety can be 3/4 of what Cisco was we’re going to have one of the best secondaries in college football next season.

GW was rated an 82. Offers from furman, CofC, Campbell. Sometimes you find diamonds in the rough. Wow
His highschool coach, and area talking heads absolutely raved about his coverage abilities. I don’t want to set unrealistic expectations, but Garrett has a very good opportunity to act on now that he’s won the starting gig opposite Iffy.

Don't get me wrong these guys are great cornerbacks. But also remember that touchdowns are/were being scored at ease with the run so the data is a little bit skewed in that regard. No need for passing touchdowns when there are rushing touchdowns to be had much easier.

Don't get me wrong these guys are great cornerbacks. But also remember that touchdowns are/were being scored at ease with the run so the data is a little bit skewed in that regard. No need for passing touchdowns when there are rushing touchdowns to be had much easier.

Didn’t we just play that Trevor Lawrence fella and find ourselves trailing by only 6 with 2 mins left in the 3rd quarter. I also hear that Sam Howell kid is pretty good and we were in that ball game until middle of the 3rd.

I think the point isn’t that they are scoring other ways, it’s that those two have some of the highest targets against to no TDs allowed ratios in the country. No matter where those targets are happening that’s impressive to not make any crucial miscues

obviously these guys will give up a TD at some point, butwhat they have done so far is impressive

These guys are already All-ACC good. Another year of progression and they could be elite college corners.

If Trill comes back (I’ll be surprised) and another safety can be 3/4 of what Cisco was we’re going to have one of the best secondaries in college football next season.

We'd have 1 of the best secondaries in the country this year if Cisco didn't have a freak injury. What could have been!

Please, someone explain the, "if Trill comes back," comments. Where is he being projected in the draft? Isn't he a junior? Does anyone outside of our fanbase talk about him leaving early? I realize he came in with more fanfare than Cisco, but he hasn't been as productive so far, partly because he's been at different positions.

And there’s your answer to a couple of Dabo did a horrible job coaching by throwing so much observation/assertions.

He was making lawerence and the offense play against the strength of SUs defense. It does them no good to blow SU out running the ball. To win another title they need the passing game to execute against top notch corners.

it was practice for them

doesn’t mean those guys aren’t legit, they are

Melifonwu would be silly to declare, he won’t be drafted.

If Trill leaves he would be a 6/7th rounder.

if he comes back for another year he could catapult himself up draft boards with a solid season. Think he will be coming back

Melifonwu would be silly to declare, he won’t be drafted.

If Trill leaves he would be a 6/7th rounder.

if he comes back for another year he could catapult himself up draft boards with a solid season. Think he will be coming back

trill won’t be drafted either just yet.

Please, someone explain the, "if Trill comes back," comments. Where is he being projected in the draft? Isn't he a junior? Does anyone outside of our fanbase talk about him leaving early? I realize he came in with more fanfare than Cisco, but he hasn't been as productive so far, partly because he's been at different positions.
Good question - I worry more about Iffy myself.

And there’s your answer to a couple of Dabo did a horrible job coaching by throwing so much observation/assertions.

He was making lawerence and the offense play against the strength of SUs defense. It does them no good to blow SU out running the ball. To win another title they need the passing game to execute against top notch corners.

it was practice for them
I agree and I think Dabo knows the drop off from Etienne to the next guy is LARGE. Once Etienne was banged he wanted to try some things. He could not have been happy with what he saw thanks in part to our corners.

Trill would likely be a last day pick as of right now.

Trill, as recognized by many analysts, is an NFL prospect built for the combine. I think if he left this year he’d vault himself to a late 4th to 5th rounder, after a stellar combine paired with his highlights. Opposing offenses actually tried their luck vs Cisco in coverage last year rather than test Trill in the slot.

If he stays, he has All American upside. Thats no longer unrealistic, the kids an absolute stud.