Most undertated part if ghis game. | Syracusefan.com

Most undertated part if ghis game.

I was really impressed with the improvement he has shown in that area. Helps immensely.

Trevor handling the ball handling duties when Duke denied Ennis the ball. Subtle positive, but hugely effective.
It was huge, but it helped that Duke's other guard (Dawkins) is a terrible defender. Guy can frickin shoot, but his pressure on Trevor was really light.

That said, I felt more comfortable with Trevor dribbling than I normally do with Silent G.

Lots of positives in this one. Bench play in 1st half and half-court offense in the 2nd half/OT for SU. Really liked how Cuse went after mismatches tonight. Made Duke pay for not being a strong defensive team.

Trevor handling the ball handling duties when Duke denied Ennis the ball. Subtle positive, but hugely effective.

Gbinije too. You need to do that. Duke is one of the few teams that has its defenders get right up on the ballhandler the moment they cross halfcourt. 40 minutes of dealing with that can be draining.

Thank God Duke didn't have a big at the foul line who could turn and make a play.

We pretty much ignored them when their bigs got the ball around the FT line - none of them wanted to take that shot.
As far as I can recall, they only took that shot once during the whole game.

We pretty much ignored them when their bigs got the ball around the FT line - none of them wanted to take that shot.
As far as I can recall, they only took that shot once during the whole game.
^Yup! The guy at the FT line never even looked at the basket. I also recall only one time that they took the shot. When we realized this and stopped collapsing on that guy, it changed the game

Cooney played about as smart a game offensively as I think you can ever hope for from a shooting guard. Forced nothing. Converted when opportunities were there.

Would love to see him keep that rolling against Notre Dame.

Cooney played about as smart a game offensively as I think you can ever hope for from a shooting guard. Forced nothing. Converted when opportunities were there.

Would love to see him keep that rolling against Notre Dame.

Agree, so efficient, but he looked more tired than anyone after that game. Took a beating on defense, shared ball-handling responsibilities. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sluggish on Monday.

It was huge, but it helped that Duke's other guard (Dawkins) is a terrible defender. Guy can frickin shoot, but his pressure on Trevor was really light.

That said, I felt more comfortable with Trevor dribbling than I normally do with Silent G.

It wasn't intended to be pressure, they were just trying to keep the ball out of Ennis' hands to try to impede our offense.

Cooney's 3 pt shooting hasn't been all that's improved from last season, and it showed tonight. I remember watching him dribble the ball against guards like Siva and Smith last year, he looked scared,vtense, and confused. These days, he looks smart and well paced. Even when Ennis wasn't able to get to the ball, Cooney got CJ and Jerami the ball when they were ready to make plays. G and Roberson had their moments as well.

Everybody in the game tonight showed great effort. Can't be more proud.

agree 100%

I thought #14 for duke (suliamon?) showed fantastic on the ball defense all day. Trevor really had a huge part in this win by handling the ball against Quinn Cook, who is not nearly the defender that Sulimon is.

Yeah, I'm not sure Trevor could have handled that responsibility any better. I don't recall any turnovers. He never got himself into any trouble: didn't dribble into traps, or do any jump passes. Great team win. Everybody stepped up.

Thank God Duke didn't have a big at the foul line who could turn and make a play.
I am really not sure why they didn't do that with Jabari.

This was a part of a less subtle part of the game. JB exploited mismatches all night. Trevor bringing up the ball, Grant inside in OT, CJ vs. every Duke defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom