Most wins by a Latino pitcher: ... | Syracusefan.com

Most wins by a Latino pitcher: ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Juan Marichal? Nope.
Pedro Martinez? Good guess but not even close.
Fernando Valenzuela? Keep trying.
Mike Cuellar? Not even warm.
Dennis Martinez? Close, but no cigar.
King Felix? About 80 wins shy of ...

Bartolo Colon becomes winningest Latin pitcher

So, is Big Sexy a HOF candidate? Marichal and Pedro are in. And Pedro (219) was a first ballot, with over 90%.

Last edited:
My guess would’ve been Zambrano, how embarrassing

Juan Marichal? Nope.

So, is Big s e xy a HOF candidate? Marichal and Pedro are. And Pedro was a first ballot, with over 90%.
No chance. Several outstanding seasons within a very long career isn't nearly enough to get him there. Everyone you listed has a superior body of work.

Juan Marichal? Nope.

So, is Big s e xy a HOF candidate? Marichal and Pedro are in. And Pedro (219) was a first ballot, with over 90%.
No. he is way behind Jim Kaat among others.

For the hall of fame. Not latin wins.
Unless he changes his name. I'm not a linguist so I am not sure if it would be Gatito or Gatito Gato if you were calling him Kitty kat. The second one seems more right but it also seems redundant.

For the hall of fame. Not latin wins.

Dasher. The OP is about most wins by a Latino pitcher. I like Jim Kaat, but El Gato he ain't. :)

Dasher. The OP is about most wins by a Latino pitcher. I like Jim Kaat, but El Gato he ain't. :)
it was brought up whether Bart belongs in the Hall. My answer was that not before Kaat

I'm pretty sure you brought it up in your post.

Good story, not a Hall of Famer. He is short on quality seasons, and doesn't have quite enough quantity to overcome it. What ultimately hurt him is that he only won 14 games total over 5 years between 2006-2010... after a Cy Young Season. Let's just say he had averaged a dozen in that period, he would now be at 290, and would do what is necessary to get to 300. That number would have been

He did have a couple of really good years. I did have the chance to see a couple of his starts when the Expos made a run at the Wildcard in 2002 and traded for him. And what a haul for the Indians ... Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore, and Brandon Phillips.

Muke Mussina has a better resume and has had to wait a few year... although at 63% he is going to make it at some point IMO.

Colon's resume is probably closer to Jamie Moyer or Dennis Martinez and they are not hall of famers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom