Movies 2023 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Movies 2023

Really, a new Mean Girls? Can we even pretend to be creative and original? What a joke. I feel like an old man getting mad about this stuff all of the time.

Finally watched The Holdovers today. Incredibly good. Pretty sure it's my favorite so far of the expected best picture noms over Oppenheimer.

Finally watched The Holdovers today. Incredibly good. Pretty sure it's my favorite so far of the expected best picture noms over Oppenheimer.
The Holdovers and Maestro are the best I have seen so far. Great performances were given by all. I have not been blown away by any films yet, although that does not happen all that much anymore. I find that I am more often moved by series these days.

Watched The Menu last night. Goofy as heck.
Every year on Christmas Eve, my friends and I go out for Chinese food and a movie. In 2022, there was a heated debate over which movie to see, between Violent Night and The Menu. We wound up picking Violent Night.

The kicker was that the guy most opposed to Violent Night said it looked too gory and disturbing. So yeah, his vote was for The Menu.

To this day, he still hasn’t seen The Menu. (He hated Violent Night.) I’ve seen both and I think we made the right choice that night. The Menu has an interesting premise. Just didn’t work for me.

Every year on Christmas Eve, my friends and I go out for Chinese food and a movie. In 2022, there was a heated debate over which movie to see, between Violent Night and The Menu. We wound up picking Violent Night.

The kicker was that the guy most opposed to Violent Night said it looked too gory and disturbing. So yeah, his vote was for The Menu.

To this day, he still hasn’t seen The Menu. (He hated Violent Night.) I’ve seen both and I think we made the right choice that night. The Menu has an interesting premise. Just didn’t work for me.
I enjoyed both movies.

Watched Leave the World Behind over the weekend. Meh. Interesting premise but a little heavy handed. And too many things that could not have happened.
Watched this over the holidays as well. Ended up being in a tie with several other movies for my 5th favorite of 2023.

Watched this over the holidays as well. Ended up being in a tie with several other movies for my 5th favorite of 2023.
I was beginning to think no one else liked it.

Wife and I liked it too.

I’ve become very sensitive to overtly one sided movies politically, even though I’m a crazy liberal. That’s why don’t look up was bad for me. You can tell the story without beating me to death with the message. I felt Leave the World was too close to the edge in places.

That’s why don’t look up was bad for me. You can tell the story without beating me to death with the message.
Don't worry, you always come back around.

You always come back around.

Don't worry, you always come back around.

You always come back around.
Do I? I’ve seen maybe 4 movies this year. Been in a theater 1 time in 5 or 6 years.

I just watched unequivocally the most terrifying movie I’ve ever seen. “Speak No Evil.” I’m physically tired after watching it.

I just watched unequivocally the most terrifying movie I’ve ever seen. “Speak No Evil.” I’m physically tired after watching it.

Great movie. Loved it when it came out. We just watched Anatomy of a Fall last night which was pretty great and we started talking about Speak No Evil during it, that it reminded us of it a bit despite not really being similar in any way other than multiple languages being spoken.

Watched X last night. Wife’s choice, and she readily admits her track record for the last year or two is TERRIBLE. That didn’t change a bit with this one. Once again, A24 proves to be the most overrated outfit in the biz right now.

Nice, and surprising, to see Brittney Snow’s bloobies though.

Watched X last night. Wife’s choice, and she readily admits her track record for the last year or two is TERRIBLE. That didn’t change a bit with this one. Once again, A24 proves to be the most overrated outfit in the biz right now.

I’ve thought about watching it…is it scary/jumpy/gorey?

I dont know how A24 is rated, but i really liked Moonlight and Lady Bird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom