movies that dont play locally are a pain | Syracusefan.com

movies that dont play locally are a pain

upperdeck

Living Legend
I wanted to watch

JoJo rabbit
Motherless Brooklyn
the lighthouse

but as usual none are coming to the area. What goods a Regal pass if the movies never show up. Even the independent theaters are no option.

Should create a municipal theater. Only slightly joking

Why they have 20 showings of some movies and none of others.. regal has like 14 screens and I get its a volume thing but showing a movie like T-4/5/6 whatever it is 10 times a day with multiple time over laps and 10% capacity is just a waste. It only makes sense when star wars type movies are playing at 50-75% full.

I wanted to watch

JoJo rabbit
Motherless Brooklyn
the lighthouse

but as usual none are coming to the area. What goods a Regal pass if the movies never show up. Even the independent theaters are no option.
JoJo Rabbit is showing in Shoppingtown and the Movie Tavern.
Motherless Brooklyn is showing at Shoppingtown, Movie Tavern and at DestinyUSA.
The Lighthouse is showing at DestinyUSA.

At least according to Google...

yup.

but I'm not driving an hr to go to a movie. well, i would but the wife wouldn't be happy.

Why they have 20 showings of some movies and none of others.. regal has like 14 screens and I get its a volume thing but showing a movie like T-4/5/6 whatever it is 10 times a day with multiple time over laps and 10% capacity is just a waste. It only makes sense when star wars type movies are playing at 50-75% full.
Distribution contracts are crazy things.

I know its a racket of its own. But when you have large Regals in so many markets people shouldnt be having to drive50 miles away from the local one to see a big time movie.. Prints are digital these days so that cost is way less

yup.

but I'm not driving an hr to go to a movie. well, i would but the wife wouldn't be happy.
The Lighthouse is playing at the Cinemapolis in Ithaca now. JoJo starts on the 8th. Motherless Brooklyn looks less promising.

that's what you get, living among the hillbillys

seriously, though, my wife and i often consider moving out of l.a., but as of now the cultural benefits still outweigh the bads

Tell me about it.. you cant take the country out of the girl.

Its great that the movies sometimes show up in the small places, but My gripe is with regal. they advertise these movies, then offer the unlimited passes but then dont show them.

Unfortunately nowhere close has the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot...
1573156727263.png

The Lighthouse is excellent.

mid 80's rochester when i worked there had a small indie theater showing limited releases but i forget it's name.

(googled around a bit and i believe it may have been the LITTLE.) also remember POCKETS billiards hall.

Last edited:
saw "honey boy" last night, with a q&a with shia after.
packed house, well deserved standing ovation. terrific film, but one filled with scenes that some might find difficult to watch. i know i did.

but this is shia's year. between this & peanut butter falcon, he could earn nominations as both actor & writer. at a minimum, i think he'll get both from the independent spirit awards.

saw jojo rabbit this weekend. i have to report that i was disappointed. not to say it was a bad movie; to the contrary, it was good. but my expectations were quite high and it didn't meet them.

this is one you can wait to stream.

too bad Shia has been such a flake he actually does pretty good work

too bad Shia has been such a flake he actually does pretty good work
"honey boy," which is a thinly veiled autobiography in which shia plays his own father, will change a lot of minds about his behavior. doesn't excuse it, but allows us to see it in a different light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom