Movies to watch during lockdown? | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

Would this be inappropriate?
19904.jpg

I have an extensive DVD library of old war movies and old westerns. Also a fair number of other categories as well. They have been getting a workout in the last couple of weeks. Not to mention several SU Hoops DVD's and Oakland Raiders Super Bowl wins. With any luck the rest of our snow will be gone soon so I can get out and start the Spring yard work.

One of the best movies of the last decade that is so incredibly rewatchable is Whiplash. Some of the best acting in the 21st Century. A modern classic.
my five favorite movies of the 2000s so far, based on how many times i have watched them:
lars and the real girl
the way way back
scott pilgrim vs the world
whiplash
baby driver

Dunkirk,
Glory,
Lawrence of Arabia,
Patton.

Movies about people heroically overcoming odds...even though some people die. The kind of stuff we need today. And they are all true stories

Last edited:
Watched Yesterday over the weekend. Great soundtrack, but I would not recommend the movie.

Watched Lost Girls tonight. Very sad movie, but well acted.

"They Shall Not Grow Old". Be sure to watch the epilogue. Ken Burns explains how they did what they did, which is bring archival WW I trench warfare footage to colorized life. Amazing movie.

We have been watching our favorite 80s/90s family movies with the kids: Big, Home Alone, Beethoven, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Sandlot, etc. Debating between Basic Instinct or Disclosure today.

Disagree. Yesterday was very good, IMO.
I can't get the music out of my head, so it's good for that. Is it odd that I keep singing certain lines from Eleanor Rigby? I guess not.

I look at all the lonely people...

Roll Bounce. Trust me. Great soundtrack, surprisingly deep story, cast well. You'll be entertained.

I have a 16 year old who has been watching that movie since he was 6. The funny thing is he just recently re-down loaded it and watched it last week. Put on some roller blades and was jamming to the soundtrack in the driveway while skating. Freaking hilarious. Great movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom