Mr. Obvious: USF A Must Win | Syracusefan.com

Mr. Obvious: USF A Must Win

Not really...Mizzou is not real good. Probably finish 3rd to 4th in the BE.

That's easy to say they are no good when they are playing in the SEC. Point is, they are still better than us.

All of the remaining games are winnable. Louisville and Cincy each have their flaws. We should beat USF and Temple and probably win the Mizzou game.

If we play Louisville and Cincy the way we played tonight, we have a reasonable shot at winning. We cannot play like we did against Rutgers, giving up the ball as if it was coated with butter.

All of the remaining games are winnable. Louisville and Cincy each have their flaws. We should beat USF and Temple and probably win the Mizzou game.

If we play Louisville and Cincy the way we played tonight, we have a reasonable shot at winning. We cannot play like we did against Rutgers, giving up the ball as if it was coated with butter.

Agreed.

UL scares me the most. Strong is the best coach we'll face all year I think.

Assuming L'Ville beats USF today and we beat USF next week, our three conference wins are against the three worst BE teams. Hopefully it doesn't shake out such that L'Ville, Rutgers and 'Natti are the class of the conference and we're just the bully to the crappy teams. Would be nice to beat one of L'Ville or 'Natti but I think those are uphill battles.

Didn't expect this but it does look like Mizzou shapes up to be the difference maker.

Based on watching their games and ours. They are very fast on offense and will give our defense fits. Just being objective here.

Would not be a huge upset. There is nothing n our remaining schedule that would be a major upset.

Ur nuts if u think Lville and cinci r uphill battles it is 60/40 in their favor that's it... Lville struggled with s miss on road and cinci could lose tonight and hasn't beaten anyone. Va tech real down year for them.

Ur nuts if u think Lville and cinci r uphill battles it is 60/40 in their favor that's it... Lville struggled with s miss on road and cinci could lose tonight and hasn't beaten anyone. Va tech real down year for them.
I guess I am nuts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't overlook USF. If the good BJ Daniels shows up, we could have a lot of trouble with Daniels to Davis. They are up on L'Ville late in the 4th.

The defensive game plan the next couple of weeks might be fewer blitzes, more containment and see if bj and Munchie can beat you with their arms.

SU can beat USF. Back from the game with UofL. UofL's defense needs help, that's why USF was able to overtake them near the end (only to lose on a good UofL drive). If SU can stop USF's running back (Lindsey Lamar), which UofL could not, then SU has a good chance of winning. Daniels was decent during the game today (started slow, but improved), but not tremendous.

When SU plays UofL, a good Cuse offense will exploit UofL's defense, although Teddy Bridgewater will definitely pick them apart if Cuse secondary doesn't play well or if they don't put enough pressure on him.

The defensive game plan the next couple of weeks might be fewer blitzes, more containment and see if bj and Munchie can beat you with their arms.
Unfortunately, that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence, given what I've seen of our secondary.

That's what worries me is that SU will do less blitzes, I'd love to see them keep the pressure on and not give either qb time to read and react.

The New England Patriots would have struggled with So Miss in that game - the field was underwater.

Sounds like it would have been perfect field conditions for Navy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Beating UConn means nothing if we don't beat USF. Have to stop taking 1 step forward and then one back. Need to get back to back wins.

Beating UConn means nothing if we don't beat USF. Have to stop taking 1 step forward and then one back. Need to get back to back wins.

Agreed, though it seems more like one step up and two steps back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom