MSG’s 6 OTs Commemoration. | Syracusefan.com

MSG’s 6 OTs Commemoration.

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
At Madison Square Garden, earning husband points by attending a Meghan Trainor/Natasha Bedingfield concert. Wandering the halls came across this SU
IMG_0975.jpeg
IMG_0974.jpeg
display.

One of the other amazing (and forgotten) things about that team is that they played, and won, another OT game the next night against WVU. That gave them 7 OT periods, or 35 extra minutes, over 2 days. They essentially played 3 games in 2 days.

I believe they led Louisville at the half in the championship game before just running out of gas in the 2nd half.

A truly great performance by this young men.

One of the other amazing (and forgotten) things about that team is that they played, and won, another OT game the next night against WVU. That gave them 7 OT periods, or 35 extra minutes, over 2 days. They essentially played 3 games in 2 days.

I believe they led Louisville at the half in the championship game before just running out of gas in the 2nd half.

A truly great performance by this young men.
And I bet most casual cbb fans think SU won the BE tourney that year.

That Louisville game was a big disappointment after a huge fast collapse
Up 19 and just stopped playing as Louisville hit everything they threw up.

If memory serves, my buddy and I sat with Tomcat for the 6 OT game.
We did. That was a great time.

There was a lot of trash talk with the UConn fans close to us for most of the game.

But by the end, we were all just marveling at the greatness of the game and the history that was being made. A UConn fan might have even hugged me.

It was a special evening. Nice to have a hotel in midtown Manhattan and not have to worry about catching the last train home. A lot of people were in that situation.

We did. That was a great time.

There was a lot of trash talk with the UConn fans close to us for most of the game.

But by the end, we were all just marveling at the greatness of the game and the history that was being made. A UConn fan might have even hugged me.

It was a special evening. Nice to have a hotel in midtown Manhattan and not have to worry about catching the last train home. A lot of people were in that situation.

There was no catching the “last train home” -
Game ended long afterward.

My partner from work & I were in that exact predicament.
So, we closed down The Blarney Rock w hundreds of other Orange fans, my hands and arms got sore from all the high-fiving.

Wandered over to Times Square, got a bite at Mickey D’s.

After more aimless wandering, found a bagel place and got breakfast.

Then, when GCT finally reopened
(Yes, it does close for a while every evening)
we crashed on benches while awaiting the first train out.

An absolutely amazing, unforgettable, epic experience!!

There was no catching the “last train home” -
Game ended long afterward.

My partner from work & I were in that exact predicament.
So, we closed down The Blarney Rock w hundreds of other Orange fans, my hands and arms got sore from all the high-fiving.

Wandered over to Times Square, got a bite at Mickey D’s.

After more aimless wandering, found a bagel place and got breakfast.

Then, when GCT finally reopened
(Yes, it does close for a while every evening)
we crashed on benches while awaiting the first train out.

An absolutely amazing, unforgettable, epic experience!!
There was for some people!

Some people actually bailed on this game so they would not miss the train and get stuck overnight in Manhattan.

Most (perhaps all) were of course UConn fans. That of course is a given. ;)