MSOC 2014 NCAA Tournament 11/23/14 SU vs PSU 2:00 @Cuse | Syracusefan.com

MSOC 2014 NCAA Tournament 11/23/14 SU vs PSU 2:00 @Cuse

CuseLegacy

Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 2m2 minutes ago
College Soccer News projects SU to be the No. 14 seed in NCAA tourney, playing winner of Fordham-Dartmouth. Actual bracket comes out at 1.

CuseLegacy said:
Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 2m2 minutes ago College Soccer News projects SU to be the No. 14 seed in NCAA tourney, playing winner of Fordham-Dartmouth. Actual bracket comes out at 1.

14? That would suck. That only gives us 1 home game. The #1 team in the country losing to a top 20 team in the ACC semis I thought would stay in the top 8 seeds and get 2 home games. Hopefully soccer news is wrong.

Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 2m2 minutes ago
College Soccer News projects SU to be the No. 14 seed in NCAA tourney, playing winner of Fordham-Dartmouth. Actual bracket comes out at 1.
What.The.Fluck. I'm new to this college soccer thing but has to be almost impossible. As bees said above that wouldn't make even the slightest sense.

Wow. Not sure how they came up with those projections. SU has been a top 5 RPI team all year, so to be dropped that low would be ridiculous.

B2qU7MmCYAE8DXh.jpg:large

Is it on tv at 1?

Matt Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 6m6 minutes ago
Syracuse earns the No. 9 seed and a 1st-round bye in the NCAA tournament, will play winner of Hartwick-Penn State on Sunday at home.

Matt Schneidman‏@matt_schneidman 3m3 minutes ago
Syracuse has a potential 2nd-round matchup with Hartwick, where SU coaches Ian McIntyre and Jukka Masalin coached together before Syracuse.

Ian McIntyre‏@ismcinty 3m3 minutes ago
Very proud that our SU team secured a #9 seed in the NCAA Tournament. A home game on Sunday will be a very special occasion for the program!

I'm not purposely trying to beat a dead horse here but as a commenter on syracuse dot com just said, how do you lose a tight game to a tourney team and drop from #1 to 9?

I must be missing something cuz apparently no one is surprised or upset by this. Must be a soccer thing

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 11m11 minutes ago
Quick story on Syracuse men's soccer's NCAA tournament draw: http://bit.ly/11kNIqc

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse men's soccer earned the No. 9 overall seed and a first-round bye in the NCAA tournament on Monday. The Orange will face the winner of Penn State and Hartwick on Sunday at SU Soccer Stadium.
SU (15-3-1) has already had a historic season, achieving the No. 1 ranking in the nation for the first time in program history earlier in the year. After defeating Duke in the ACC tournament quarterfinals, Syracuse fell to Louisville 2-1 on Friday in Cary, N.C.
Penn State (12-5-1) lost in the first round of the Big Ten tournament to Michigan State 1-0 on Nov. 9. Hartwick (6-9-4), a program SU head coach Ian McIntyre led from 2003-09, earned an automatic bid for winning the Sun Belt tournament. The Hawks beat Georgia Southern 1-0 on Sunday to advance.
The Orange is one of seven ACC programs to make the 48-team field. Five earned first-round byes. The other conference members in the tournament are top-seeded Notre Dame, No. 7 seed Clemson, No. 13 seed Louisville, No. 16 seed Virginia, North Carolina and Wake Forest.
Here's a look at the full bracket.

I'm not purposely trying to beat a dead horse here but as a commenter on syracuse dot com just said, how do you lose a tight game to a tourney team and drop from #1 to 9?

I must be missing something cuz apparently no one is surprised or upset by this. Must be a soccer thing

Well I know that the NCAA pays travel expenses and so some of the seeding is moved around to keep teams as close to home as possible. I didn't look all that closely at the bracket, so that might have been a factor.

It shouldn't be a factor at all because the NCAA is flush with cash, but it could be an explanation.

690West said:
I'm not purposely trying to beat a dead horse here but as a commenter on syracuse dot com just said, how do you lose a tight game to a tourney team and drop from #1 to 9? I must be missing something cuz apparently no one is surprised or upset by this. Must be a soccer thing

It's BS. We miss by one spot from having 2 home games. From 1 to 9?

Full_Rebar said:
Well I know that the NCAA pays travel expenses and so some of the seeding is moved around to keep teams as close to home as possible. I didn't look all that closely at the bracket, so that might have been a factor. It shouldn't be a factor at all because the NCAA is flush with cash, but it could be an explanation.

Yea and ND is the 1 and we're the 9? Look at their record with 4 losses and 4 ties. They beat us in a hard fought battle but they lost in the ACC semis too. And their the 1? Looks like college soccer is crooked.

I have no idea how the seeding is done, but we had a high RPI and based off of what we see from basketball that usually gets rewarded. For these low revenue generating sports, I wonder how much facilities and expected attendance plays into it.

Stunning. I would love to hear the committee's reasoning on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom