Mulligan | Syracusefan.com

Mulligan

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
We’re one game off pace, having expected to hit the bye 4-1.

That being said, the real season starts the 10th. We get a bye to heal up and adjust. I expect to see a couple changes in the depth chart, as that typically shakes out between weeks 4-6. We prepare for nc state and we pick up where we left off against them last year. We see what this team is made of in October.

A win on the road next is huge, we likely get a similar crowd to Clemson against a pitt team that struggled vs UD

We’re one game off pace, having expected to hit the bye 4-1.

That being said, the real season starts the 10th. We get a bye to heal up and adjust. I expect to see a couple changes in the depth chart, as that typically shakes out between weeks 4-6. We prepare for nc state and we pick up where we left off against them last year. We see what this team is made of in October.

A win on the road next is huge, we likely get a similar crowd to Clemson against a pitt team that struggled vs UD
No reason we can't win the next four

My expectations are low.
Hopefully getting healed up and adjustments lead us to a bowl game.
Im far less concerned about our defense at this point. Think Stritz and Coley** are going to get more time going forward, and our d lines improving. I expect our linebackers to improve mid year as they did last year.

Offense.. we should have heckel back and I think the undermentioned issue is our inability to consistently run the ball to set up our pass plays. Hopefully the line gets more push coming off the bye

Last edited:
Bunch of candy asses on this forum. Suck it up. Team has not been great but next seven will tell the story and if we can come out somewhat healthy who knows?
Pitt and BC i think the crowds alone could will us to victory. A lot like UNC and NC State last year

Bunch of candy asses on this forum. Suck it up. Team has not been great but next seven will tell the story and if we can come out somewhat healthy who knows?
Careful, I’ve come close to banishment a coupla times for calling out the snowflakes in our fanbase. Truth hurts sometimes.

If heckel comes back and that improves the oline edge protection i can see the offense getting better.. if the oline is going to play this level all yr its hit or miss whether any play works.

If we win the next two that makes the rest of the season a really interesting chase for the best bowl. We have enough firepower to score points if we can just put those pieces together.

Perceptions are funny. Expectations were so high coming into the season, I think everyone knew OL was a concern, but no one expected the O to struggle.

Still, we get beat by Clemson 41-6, and it’s viewed as an epic beat-down. We beat HC by virtually the identical score, and it’s “SU struggles.”

The truth is we’re not yet where we want to be. But the season is far from over. Lots of things can happen, and this isn’t a linear process.

Perceptions are funny. Expectations were so high coming into the season, I think everyone knew OL was a concern, but no one expected the O to struggle.

Still, we get beat by Clemson 41-6, and it’s viewed as an epic beat-down. We beat HC by virtually the identical score, and it’s “SU struggles.”

The truth is we’re not yet where we want to be. But the season is far from over. Lots of things can happen, and this isn’t a linear process.
Clemson struggled offensively against us.
If they played well that would have been a bigger beatdown. Just like us with Holy Cross.

Our problems aren’t improving that is the worry. If the team was playing well and the opponent was playing well oh well.
We haven’t played a complete game thru 5 games that is crazy.

Clemson isnt nearly as good though.. they struggled against UNC too. Put last years offense in and we beat Clemson 3 weeks ago.

We could win next seven or lose next seven. It will probably be something in between, 6-6, 7-5, consecutive bowls. Progress, baby steps.

The HC game has me concerned, not because of the score...but because our OL even struggled against them.

If the OL keeps playing at the level that it’s been playing at, its going to be awfully hard to win games.

The HC game has me concerned, not because of the score...but because our OL even struggled against them.

If the OL keeps playing at the level that it’s been playing at, its going to be awfully hard to win games.

No doubt. Let's just call it like we see it, this offensive line is putrid. I mentioned yesterday in the "are we good" thread shortly after game's end that the stat which was incredibly alarming was the fact that HC has given up on average 289 rushing yards/game, and late 3Q we had 89 yards! Pathetic. It's a major problem moving forward as we head into ACC play.

That Wake is as good as they are is the biggest concern for me. That joke game I had penciled as a very likely win in the pre season. It now is a coin flip at best (and in reality Wake is the slight favorite right now).

That Wake is as good as they are is the biggest concern for me. That joke game I had penciled as a very likely win in the pre season. It now is a coin flip at best (and in reality Wake is the slight favorite right now).
Wake is ranked. If we played this week they would be favored by a Bit and would certainly cover.

I mean I get what you are saying but just from this game I can think of at least a dozen why we will lose the next four fairly easily.

The amount of handwringing after a 41-3 game is bonkers. Imagine being a PITT fan this week. Or BC after Kansas.

I get the OL is not great. But I’d find N.C. State vs WVU or FSU on YouTube. They have problems of their own.

The amount of handwringing after a 41-3 game is bonkers. Imagine being a PITT fan this week. Or BC after Kansas.

I get the OL is not great. But I’d find N.C. State vs WVU or FSU on YouTube. They have problems of their own.
NC State didn't look good against FSU at all. I was just simply pointing out that we have plenty of reasons why we could lose the next four. Lot of toss up games in our future, clearly this coaching staff will get us going in the right direction, to many uncontrollables for my liking right now.
Not sure how that is "bonkers amount of hand-wringing" on my part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom