Mullin out at St. John’s / Mike Anderson hired | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mullin out at St. John’s / Mike Anderson hired

I had to chuckle at these rumors. Mullin is a legend at SJU. They're not firing him unless things spiral out of control on the downside. They just made the NCAA tourney.

No info here -- but I'm wondering if other issues might have come up that trump performance. He's had demons in the past.

where's felipe lopez these days ?

"Unrealistic expectations hounded López from the start, beginning with an appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated before he even played one college game. He also appeared along with Jim Brown and Jackie Joyner-Kersee at a conference along with then-President Bill Clinton."

I had to chuckle at these rumors. Mullin is a legend at SJU. They're not firing him unless things spiral out of control on the downside. They just made the NCAA tourney.

The pressure from some of the boosters and the impatience of the new AD had a lot to do with it. This team underachieved with the talent they had. Blow out Nova in one game then get blown at Providence the next. A lot of inconsistency with that bunch.

I'd be nervous hiring anyone whose last name is that close to Clueless
I don't care if his last name is loser the man is a great coach. Won big at every level. U hope he doesn't go to st johns.

Man, every time i watched these coaching carousels I shudder what we’ll be facing in a couple of years.
Danforth to Boeheim went smoothly...and we were more than lucky!
But, I’m not sure some in our fanbase are adequately prepared for what we may face if the 1st post-JB hire, doesn’t pan out.

The pressure from some of the boosters and the impatience of the new AD had a lot to do with it. This team underachieved with the talent they had. Blow out Nova in one game then get blown at Providence the next. A lot of inconsistency with that bunch.

I feel like in this day and age, St. John’s should be really happy to make the tournament. They’ve only made 5 in the 2000’s.

They haven’t been a “tournament pretty much every year” for a long period of time type program since the 80s-early 90s.

I know one Rutgers grad. His last name is Loser. I swear I’m not making that up, either.
Lol that's fitting. If tim.cluess wasn't in is 60s he'd be at the top if my list to replace jb.

I feel like in this day and age, St. John’s should be really happy to make the tournament. They’ve only made 5 in the 2000’s.

They haven’t been a “tournament pretty much every year” for a long period of time type program since the 80s-early 90s.

Given how down the Big East was, just squeaking in was inexcusable. They were literally the last team in this year and were promptly shown the door.

Man, every time i watched these coaching carousels I shudder what we’ll be facing in a couple of years.
Danforth to Boeheim went smoothly...and we were more than lucky!
But, I’m not sure some in our fanbase are adequately prepared for what we may face if the 1st post-JB hire, doesn’t pan out.
I think patience will be a must with any successor. It's probably going to be like me cooking dinner with a pantry filled with some crackers and cobwebs ...

He should've gotten more time, but oh well.

Franny Fraschilla had them back on track and that ended badly too.

Pitino should be pounding the table that he's the man for the job...

Wait...he’s coaching in Greece?

Some of these guys really don’t know anything else do they?

No info here -- but I'm wondering if other issues might have come up that trump performance. He's had demons in the past.

It’s possible...but I think St Johns fans have unrealistic expectations that are difficult to impossible to meet. It’s going to be very difficult for St Johns to be a powerhouse like they were in the 80s...but that’s the expectation.

Mullin being a terrible game day coach just gives the justification to them.

Hasn't he pounded enough tables?

1554853854688.jpeg

If Moser gets hired, I can see their fans really being upset with that. There’s a thousand qualified coaches with NYC recruiting experience, and you hire a guy who has never worked east of Illinois? Did they learn nothing from hiring Steve Lavin?
It makes no sense. Sounds like St. Johns had some internal strife. This guy might be ok but how many boxes does he check off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom