MVPs vs. Colgate - Pick 3 | Syracusefan.com

MVPs vs. Colgate - Pick 3

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
I’m starting a new Syracusefan tradition this season.

After each win, pick the three SU players that were MVPs of the game. List them in order of importance to the win, i.e. first, second, third.

I’ll assign five points for the player that tallies the most first place votes, three for the player that tallies the most second place votes, and one point for the player that tallies the most third place votes. I’ll keep a running tally and at the end of the season we’ll see whose garnered the most MVP points. Points can be garnered for the previous game until tip-off of the next one.

Standings after UVA through tonight’s tip off.

Hughes: 33 points
JGII: 10 points
Dolezaj: 8 points
Sidibe: 5
Buddy: 4 points
Edwards: 4 points
Braswell: 3
Washington: 1

My votes for tonight’s game go:
1.) Sidibe
2.) Buddy
3.) Hughes

Buddy
Sidibe
Hughes

1. Hughes - 8 assists. Best scorer setting the tone by passing the freakin ball. That blocked shot after a sloppy sequence was a big time play too.

2. Sidibe - Double double and didn’t miss a shot. 8 points early when we really needed them.

3. Buddy- Got us going with two early 3’s when we were dead in the water, high scorer, 50% from the floor.

1 Sidibe
2 Buddy
3 Hughes

Gotta be Sidibe, Girard, and ...... Dolezaj in exactly that order and spacing.

Sidibe
Buddy
JG3

1. Sidibe -- kept us in the game early and dominated the glass
2. Buddy -- really composed tonight
3. Hughes -- not a great game but bailed us out of three late-shot clock situations which was big before the game got a little lopsided.

Ok, so moving forward I'll only make a thread for victories. We'll leave the UVA game because it was the first game of the season, but the better response to this thread is telling me something. So far, the tally for Colgate is:

Sidibe: 84
Buddy: 41
Hughes: 33
JGIII: 16
Dolezaj: 4

Keep the votes coming! I'll update the final tally and add that to the scores from the UVA game before tip off against Seattle on Saturday.

Last edited:
Sidibe - great performance
Hughes - 8 dimes, has a dimension to his game past stars have not.
Buddy

Hughes
Buddy
Sidibe-was excellent but i think we are overrating his performance given our low expectations

By the way i like this exercise in losses as well so you can compile a complete ranking at the end of the year. For example would you not want to include Red's 33 point second half game in the tournament versus i think Iowa State just because they lost? Some great performances occur in losses and they should not be ignored.

Does this exercise work better if I post this after wins only? Folks seem more receptive this time.

I'll still do it after losses but it was truly hard for me to come up with anything positive after that Virginia game. I'm a positive guy - I like to take something away that each guy did well after each game but that game was just ugly. That being said for last night:

Sidibe
Hughes
Buddy

That's my order but could put those 3 in any order. I was very happy with how each played.

Does this exercise work better if I post this after wins only? Folks seem more receptive this time.

It's your thing, but I would do it after all games. The final numbers wouldn't be as interesting if they omit say a quarter or a third of our games.

Hughes
Buddy
Sidibe-was excellent but i think we are overrating his performance given our low expectations

By the way i like this exercise in losses as well so you can compile a complete ranking at the end of the year. For example would you not want to include Red's 33 point second half game in the tournament versus i think Iowa State just because they lost? Some great performances occur in losses and they should not be ignored.
I agree. You should still do this for losses.
I'll still do it after losses but it was truly hard for me to come up with anything positive after that Virginia game. I'm a positive guy - I like to take something away that each guy did well after each game but that game was just ugly. That being said for last night:

Sidibe
Hughes
Buddy

That's my order but could put those 3 in any order. I was very happy with how each played.
It's your thing, but I would do it after all games. The final numbers wouldn't be as interesting if they omit say a quarter or a third of our games.

Good stuff. I’ll post the running tally after every game. What I’m interested in seeing is if someone contributes in a huge way that is unexpected, Sidibe last night for example, will they get tons of extra raw votes. Does that make any sense?

While folks like Hughes and to an extent Buddy, we expect to do well, when an unexpected contributor does really well, I can see them getting a huge bump in their total score, much like we’re seeing with BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom