My 2 cents | Syracusefan.com

My 2 cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Hats off to Houston they played great D completely took Buddy out of the game and earned this game.
As to SU what an effort by Edwards. He kept us in it the first half. For the life of me i have no idea what Jim was thinking when he pulled him before halftime. Unless he was injured that goes down as a self inflicted wound. One that cost us any shot we had. Also not sure what Jim sees with Joe at the point. The 2 we all can see but Joe at the point especially against this type of D is a recipe for disaster and it was. Again his love of Joe is a head scratcher. Hope it doesn't cost us Kadary.
As to next year who knows. If Edwards and Kadary return we should make the dance again. If not it will take a miracle. Sweet 16 is super sweet this year. An amazing finish by the staff and players. I hope we can keep the team together.
Go Cuse!

Yeah, I asked what he was thinking when he took Edward's out. The game seemed to change immediately when he came in in the first half and changed back immediately when he went out.

It also just seemed like this was a game of Houston's rebounding and our lack of shooting. I haven't looked at the box score, but it seemed like they had a million offensive rebounds when they weren't shooting well and we had next to none. And they played good defense but we also missed shots we had been making the first two games.

I wish we had a big guy we could dump it down to when out shooting was off. Someone to provide stability. Since we don't, we live by the 3 and die by the 3.

Yeah, I asked what he was thinking when he took Edward's out. The game seemed to change immediately when he came in in the first half and changed back immediately when he went out.

It also just seemed like this was a game of Houston's rebounding and our lack of shooting. I haven't looked at the box score, but it seemed like they had a million offensive rebounds when they weren't shooting well and we had next to none. And they played good defense but we also missed shots we had been making the first two games.

I wish we had a big guy we could dump it down to when out shooting was off. Someone to provide stability. Since we don't, we live by the 3 and die by the 3.
Houston only out rebounded us by 9 -- 40 to 31. They had 11 offensive boards which is way less than WVU had. But they did a good job capitalizing and turning those into points.

Houston only out rebounded us by 9 -- 40 to 31. They had 11 offensive boards which is way less than WVU had. But they did a good job capitalizing and turning those into points.
Wow. That surprises me. It felt like more than that. Maybe because they seemed to get a bunch early in the game.

Edit: just looked at the numbers. Maybe us only getting 5 offensive rebounds made it feel worse. Between their offensive rebounds and steals they got 10 more shot attempts.

The biggest problem at the time of taking Jesse out was he put Dolezaj back in with two fouls. We have seen that move back fire a few times this year. Edwards should have sucked it up to the half. He was doing a much, much better job than Dolezaj in the middle. The last 2 minutes cost us 10 points.

One of the things about the dance that I appreciate is that you get national or nba announcers who don’t typically watch the cuse and typically aren’t bffs with the coaches. I enjoy their takes because it gives an unbiased and more objective view of the team. The announcers last night gave all the credit to Edwards for bringing the team back in the first half and named him the first half mvp. I think they were equally shocked when JB pulled him in the first and didn’t start him in the second.

I’m not at practice, but I can’t for the life of me understand how Edwards wasn’t getting 10 to 15 mins of run per game?

One of the things about the dance that I appreciate is that you get national or nba announcers who don’t typically watch the cuse and typically aren’t bffs with the coaches. I enjoy their takes because it gives an unbiased and more objective view of the team. The announcers last night gave all the credit to Edwards for bringing the team back in the first half and named him the first half mvp. I think they were equally shocked when JB pulled him in the first and didn’t start him in the second.

I’m not at practice, but I can’t for the life of me understand how Edwards wasn’t getting 10 to 15 mins of run per game?
It's good and bad. I think they've been away from the college game for so long they sometimes try to apply pro philosophies to the college game which doesn't always work. At the same time, like you said, they don't have all of the biases that the guys who follow college bring.

I don't know why Marek wasn't shooting that midrange shot when he had it. He's been hitting that. It's almost like he forgets that he's good at things.
Marek was a shadow of the player he was at the beginning of this season... not sure I’ve seen three players regress as much as we had this year between Griffen, Marek and Q. If we had the preACC versions of those guys we would still be playing.

Marek was a shadow of the player he was at the beginning of this season... not sure I’ve seen three players regress as much as we had this year between Griffen, Marek and Q. If we had the preACC versions of those guys we would still be playing.
But even in the previous 2 games he was taking shots he didn't take last night. I feel like he's been an enigma since he's been here. It's like he never trusted himself.

Sasser killed us. When we we trying and slogging to catch up. the guy made a play that took the oxygen out of any run we had. We could have won if not for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom