My computer just conked out | Syracusefan.com

My computer just conked out

SWC75

Bored Historian
My computer shut down today and I can’t get it to power up. I had to make an appoint to with Best Buy but it’s not until Friday and I don’t know how long it will take to fix it. I’m sending this from my I Phone which I don’t like to use for this purpose so I won’t be posting much for a while. But I will call into the coach’s show Thursday Night. Someone else will have to summarize it.

My computer shut down today and I can’t get it to power up. I had to make an appoint to with Best Buy but it’s not until Friday and I don’t know how long it will take to fix it. I’m sending this from my I Phone which I don’t like to use for this purpose so I won’t be posting much for a while. But I will call into the coach’s show Thursday Night. Someone else will have to summarize it.
Condolences SWC75. Hopefully it is a minor injury and the Best Buy medics can get it ready for play this weekend.

5459907.jpg

Sorry to hear. Maybe these guys can help.

I was wondering where your Upside and Downside was. Good luck!

Bought new computer today at Best Buy. Last time delivery, set up and data transfer was scheduled for four days from purchase. This time it’s scheduled for Thursday the 19th. :(

Does the old one work at all?

Do you have a back up service?

You could just plug your hard drive from the old one into the new one if you're using a desktop. You may need to buy a SATA connector cable, but it's really simple! If you can plug something into the wall, you can do this. Computers today are foolproof. If on laptop it's slightly more complicated, but I'll bet you could figure it out with a youtube tutorial or two. Granted this is all assuming a dead hard drive isn't what's wrong with your old one.

Does the old one work at all?

Do you have a back up service?

- No. It lost all power and neither I nor Best Buy’s Geek Squad could get it to start. They said it was a hardware problem. They could send it to Louisville to try to fix it and get it back in 2-4 weeks. I opted for a new one.

- I have Carbonite, which records my files each night. and replaces any old versions with the new one. I also had an external hard drive. I’ve never tried to copy anything from either. The dead computer had no bay from which I could make back up discs. I’m worried that if I hook up a new computer on my own with nothing on Word, Carbonite or the hard drive might replace what they have with an empty Word program. So I’ll wait for the expert to transfer the data as he sets everything up.

-

- No. It lost all power and neither I nor Best Buy’s Geek Squad could get it to start. They said it was a hardware problem. They could send it to Louisville to try to fix it and get it back in 2-4 weeks. I opted for a new one.

- I have Carbonite, which records my files each night. and replaces any old versions with the new one. I also had an external hard drive. I’ve never tried to copy anything from either. The dead computer had no bay from which I could make back up discs. I’m worried that if I hook up a new computer on my own with nothing on Word, Carbonite or the hard drive might replace what they have with an empty Word program. So I’ll wait for the expert to transfer the data as he sets everything up.

-

Check with Carbonite, they may offer to send you a backup copy of your old computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom