My Easter/Passover message | Syracusefan.com

My Easter/Passover message

cto

Administrator
At this time of year of redemption and hope and promise and all good things, I find it a bit disconcerting to come here and read nothing but posts by adults obsessing over where some 18-year-old will go to school.

Twelve years ago, this board was even more in chaos regarding Julius Hodge. Well, he didn't come here, and it turned out for the better.

Take a deep breath. Enjoy Easter and/or Passover (I celebrate both), and be thankful for what we have.

May you all have joyous holidays ... with your loved ones -- and free from obsessions about the last-minute whim of a teenager that most of us have never met.

Why do you celebrate both?

I am not sure why I have to answer this, but I will. There are many reasons. 1) I am part of the Judeo-Christian tradition which means the Old Testament is part of my heritage; 2) My husband was Jewish: 3) My Congregational Church, which is a very inclusive Church, has a Seder as part of its Maundy Thursday service (because Jesus was at a Seder that evening).

At this time of year of redemption and hope and promise and all good things, I find it a bit disconcerting to come here and read nothing but posts by adults obsessing over where some 18-year-old will go to school.

Twelve years ago, this board was even more in chaos regarding Julius Hodge. Well, he didn't come here, and it turned out for the better.

Take a deep breath. Enjoy Easter and/or Passover (I celebrate both), and be thankful for what we have.

May you all have joyous holidays ... with your loved ones -- and free from obsessions about the last-minute whim of a teenager that most of us have never met.
Well, this is a basketball message board. We along with the hoya board and the wildcat board do tend to talk about basketball and our future teams. In a way, we are talking about promise and good things. And if Noel comes here, we are talking about redemption. Which of course comes when we get past the elite 8!

Redemption past the elite 8...'Cuse rising and then we can say that too has passed...however; there have been numerous kids with unbelievable promise that failed to meet expectations...so yes, I want NN, but I do agree that 'Cuse survives and does well with or without him and in the next week NN may not be the most important happening in each of our lives! But it sure would be good to hear him say 'Cuse on the recruiting program!
Hope all have a healthy and happy Easter and Passover--I celebrate both also! (no reason why need be told)

Happy Easter / Passover to all ! Forgive me Joyce, I want to find NN in my Easter basket. :)

Redemption past the elite 8...'Cuse rising and then we can say that too has passed...however; there have been numerous kids with unbelievable promise that failed to meet expectations...so yes, I want NN, but I do agree that 'Cuse survives and does well with or without him and in the next week NN may not be the most important happening in each of our lives! But it sure would be good to hear him say 'Cuse on the recruiting program!
Hope all have a healthy and happy Easter and Passover--I celebrate both also! (no reason why need be told)

I think you may have missed the point of cto's post. Peace to all, no matter what you choose to celebrate.

just to celebrate julius hodge i am preparing an orange coriander glaze for the ham. YUM!

I am not sure why I have to answer this, but I will. There are many reasons. 1) I am part of the Judeo-Christian tradition which means the Old Testament is part of my heritage; 2) My husband was Jewish: 3) My Congregational Church, which is a very inclusive Church, has a Seder as part of its Maundy Thursday service (because Jesus was at a Seder that evening).
Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter/Passover. I thought the reason might be something like that. A good friend of mine will be at Mass today in another State but she would very much enjoy to also be at a Seder. We went to XMAS Mass in Santa Fe and a Rabbi was there who had attended the last 20 XMAS Masses and at yesterdays Seder in Juneau there was a Lutheran Minister.

We are ravenous hungry wolves devoring everything to Noel wears Orange!!
:mad: :D

QUAAAAACK!
card1815l-f.jpg

I don't think a Jewish person would celebrate Easter, but if you are a Christian you would certainly celebrate the Passover, from which we get the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Think about it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom