My golf trip so far: | Syracusefan.com

My golf trip so far:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Played 2 days at Half Moon Bay. Old Course (Arnie design) and the Ocean Course. The seaside vista was incredible. Stayed on site at the Ritz Carleton. Just utterly fantastic.
My game is intermittent, but I have moments, and am improving as I take lessons and play more.
Hooked up with a father/son on Saturday. The son was 15, a little wisp of a kid. Played the TIPS and shot 4 or 5 over. Evidently has a +4 handicap. 270 or so off the tee.
Traveled down to Pebble Beach today. There is a tournament this week. I broke 100. Far too many blow up holes, but I had 5 pars, including the iconic 18th, which we finished in the dark. Both my brother and I agreed that Pebble is even more spectacular than Half Moon, which we loved
The mule deer were running amok on the course. We also saw 2 bucks throwing down next to the 16th fairway. Animal planet on the golf channel.
More later this week

Last edited:
Played 2 days at Half Moon Bay. Old Course (Arnie design) and the Ocean Course. The seaside vista was incredible. Stayed on site at the Ritz Carleton. Just utterly fantastic.
My game is intermittent, but I have moments, and am improving as I take lessons and play more.
Hooked up with a father/son on Saturday. The son was 15, a little wisp of a kid. Played the TIPS and shot 4 or 5 over. Evidently has a +4 handicap. 270 or so off the tee.
Traveled down to Pebble Beach today. There is a tournament this week. I broke 100. Far too many blow up holes, but I had 5 pars, including the iconic 18th, which we finished in the dark. Both my brother and I agreed that Pebble is even more spectacular than Half Moon, which we loved
The mule deer were running amok on the course. We also saw 2 bucks throwing down next to the 16th fairway. Animal planet on the golf channel.
More later this week
So jealous. Miss it there so very much.

Well, hubris and Spanish Bay kicked my butt. Very few let it rip shots. Per usual, I had some good ones, but too many breakdowns in my swing at this point. My brother shot an 88, but probably should have been 85 or under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom