My guess into the conversation between JB and Keatts | Syracusefan.com

My guess into the conversation between JB and Keatts

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
I think Keatts was asking JB to make his players stay on the floor so the refs could review a few of the calls toward the end of the game.

JB rightfully laughs and says something along the lines of "That's not how this works. And we had 4 or 5 losses this year where we got hosed at the end of the game."

Keatts continues begging him and JB walks away.

Just my guess rewatching it a few times.

Looked like Keatts was complaining about something, probably refs, and JB was complaining about the same thing, in turn. Like an emphatic, “yeah, I agree they suck, they screwed us a bunch” type thing. IDK if it was about refs or what, obviously, but something along those lines. Like if somebody is blaming being late on traffic and you don’t want to hear it because you had to sit in traffic too.

Thank god they smiled at the end of the exchange, or else we’d have dippy dumdums making it into a big thing.

That clearly started out as a tense conversation. You could see it on Boeheim's face. It looked like JB then diffused it with a sarcastic comment. It was very clear about the officiating to which JB had the correct reaction... yeah get the $!@% out of here with that. They cost us at least a chance at 4 games this year. This is in line with NC State being the redheaded stepchild of the ACC's old brass. they can be hosed as easily as the northern invaders. This league stinks

He said I've been phucked by the refs too, referencing all our enjoyable losses over the season / decades

It is absolutely wild to me that Keatts seemed to have no clue about the rules of the restricted line.

I think Keatts was asking JB to make his players stay on the floor so the refs could review a few of the calls toward the end of the game.

JB rightfully laughs and says something along the lines of "That's not how this works. And we had 4 or 5 losses this year where we got hosed at the end of the game."

Only watched the once, but believe Keatts awkwardly whined about the refs, and taken aback, JB had to search for a reply, perhaps also whining about a call, and Keatts, was like whaaaatt? and JB was like, 'let go of my hand'. Etc.

It wasn't friendly, and Keatts is an enemy of mine

If that is really what it was, that's goofy. What would they "wait" on? The game was over.

anyone know this guy? he's got the goods.
1676474882184.png

Funny that Boeheim is getting the criticism in the various outlets and posts but it was clearly the NC St. coach being the agressor in this exchange starting with the slap on the chest.

Kevin “Blah blah blah”

JB “Wait, listen Mister I fought in World War 2”

Kevin “Man look at what the barber did to my hairline”

JB “Hahaha Yeah yeah”

I think that’s pretty accurate. I have mad lip reading skills.

According to a guy who does an NCSt podcast, Keets was complaining to JB about a ref named Bert Smith who made both “controversial” calls against them. The Burns 5th foul and a call on another NCSt player that sent Jesse to the foul line late. NCSt has 7 loses and Smith has reffed 4 of the loses and was involved in some controversial calls when they lost to UNC.

According to a guy who does an NCSt podcast, Keets was complaining to JB about a ref named Bert Smith who made both “controversial” calls against them. The Burns 5th foul and a call on another NCSt player that sent Jesse to the foul line late. NCSt has 7 loses and Smith has reffed 4 of the loses and was involved in some controversial calls when they lost to UNC.

Odd that he would bring that up in the handshake line, although some coaches in JB's situation would have started off saying something comforting. Maybe Keets was expecting that, didn't get it, but wanted some validation from JB.

It could have been worse and we had TV Teddy as one of the refs!

772BB259-E0D1-4ED4-845F-A7E78CD237C4.jpeg

Last edited:
If true, refs sure don’t like being called out like that. Wonder who the ACC directive was aimed at telling coaches to not complain about officials? Both Pastner and now Keating have both indirectly done just that right after the ACC’s commentary on it.

If true, refs sure don’t like being called out like that. Wonder who the ACC directive was aimed at telling coaches to not complain about officials? Both Pastner and now Keating have both indirectly done just that right after the ACC’s commentary on it.

In his presser he said he wishes the players had been allowed to decide the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom