My highs and lows from the win over Ohio | Syracusefan.com

My highs and lows from the win over Ohio

I like the write up.

1 minor disagreement is the red zone peice. Although we certainly didn’t get an A+ we did score 27 points in 5 trips capturing 77% of the total potential points once we reached the red zone. Not perfect but better than concerning I think.

I like the write up.

1 minor disagreement is the red zone peice. Although we certainly didn’t get an A+ we did score 27 points in 5 trips capturing 77% of the total potential points once we reached the red zone. Not perfect but better than concerning I think.
Good piece and I agree with the take about red zone O. Settling for 2 FGs when you get inside the opponents 8 yard line just isn’t good enough. Obviously any points are welcome, given how dreadful we’ve been recently. But SU can’t be kicking 25 yard FGs regularly and expect to win the games against our peer group that we desperately need.

I like the write up.

I agree. And as Go pointed out we had the 2nd most points per play of any game in Dinos career here.

I agree. And as Go pointed out we had the 2nd most points per play of any game in Dinos career here.

i hope they get back to going fast, but not at the cost of running down the defense

d line continues to be the biggest concern on the team for me. Jonathan got hurt, Williams is still out. Cant count on Linton getting Back soon.

Running Darton and Lockett as much as they did isn’t great, unless Lockett is ready to make an immediate contribution.

One good sign is I thought Caleb played well, good play on the safety, got penetration a couple of other times.

i hope they get back to going fast, but not at the cost of running down the defense

d line continues to be the biggest concern on the team for me. Jonathan got hurt, Williams is still out. Cant count on Linton getting Back soon.

Running Darton and Lockett as much as they did isn’t great, unless Lockett is ready to make an immediate contribution.

One good sign is I thought Caleb played well, good play on the safety, got penetration a couple of other times.
If it's cramps as Williams said, he should be back. What happened to Linton? I must have missed it. Did Kingsley miss the rest of the game after he went out? Cuse was winning, so maybe there wasn't a desire to get him back in. Just being hopeful.

If it's cramps as Williams said, he should be back. What happened to Linton? I must have missed it. Did Kingsley miss the rest of the game after he went out? Cuse was winning, so maybe there wasn't a desire to get him back in. Just being hopeful.
McKinley

We might be in the minority here, but the DL, specifically the 1 tech, was, is, and, I'm afraid, will be a concern all season. That take in no way diminishes what the D was able to accomplish in terms of shutting down the scoring of an experienced Ohio offense. A+ there. I also get that Bear would have made a difference. Other than the 2 punts, I think Ohio crossed the 35 yard line on every possession.

Very much looking forward to watching the progress in the Rutgers game.