My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

This year’s schedule: Tuesday, November 12, 7:00 pm, Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 5, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 12, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 19, 7:00 pm, Thursday, December 26, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 9, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 7:00 pm, Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 6, 7:00 pm, Monday, February 13, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 7:00 pm, Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm,
Thursday, March 5, 7:00 pm.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Coach, in a preseason interview, Jesse Edwards said “Most players in Europe grow up playing out of position. In America, if you are big, you are a center, where you just stand under the basket and grab rebounds, So I grew up doing a whole lot of different stuff, you know? I’m used to playing a lot of different positions, doing more than just grabbing rebounds. I think that’s what the coaches liked about me. I don’t have really one thing – I’m mostly just an all-around player.”
Getting to know Jesse Edwards, Syracuse’s international man of mystery

John Bol Ajak gave an interview when he was recruited saying “My job is to do a little bit of everything on the floor. It’s new basketball style of play and Coach Seth(Berger) has allowed me to be myself and play the game the way I’m supposed to. I’m 6-11 and I can shoot the ball, put the ball on the deck and be able to shoot the three.” He compared his game to that of Draymond Green, “a big man who can stretch the floor. I started on the inside and now I’m on the outside. I can pass the ball and use my IQ to get some back door plays.”

Is the center position being re-defined from the guy who defended the paint to a more all-around player? Or do you want these guys to be more traditional centers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom