My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(There has been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, against us Keve Aluma was 1 for 10 from the field, had 2 points and 4 rebounds and was in foul trouble the whole game. Against Virginia’s Jay Huff, Aluma was 10 for 15 from the field, scored 29 and grabbed 10 rebounds. What did we do to give Aluma such problems and is that something we could do to other ACC big men?”

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, against us Keve Aluma was 1 for 10 from the field, had 2 points and 4 rebounds and was in foul trouble the whole game. Against Virginia’s Jay Huff, Aluma was 10 for 15 from the field, scored 29 and grabbed 10 rebounds. What did we do to give Aluma such problems and is that something we could do to other ACC big men?”

I think JB already stated in a recent presser that Aluma was in foul trouble that game against us and it played a significant role in him being a relative non-factor. Perhaps, you can get JB to say for once the refs helped us for a change on that front. JB also stated after UVA crushed us and Huff had a field day, that Huff was "the best center in the league." Maybe you can get him to admit; "come on man, you know I just say stuff" or along those lines. ;):)

I honestly think for some bigs when they first see the zone they’re a little flustered by it .. even if it’s not our best defensive team

I think JB already stated in a recent presser that Aluma was in foul trouble that game against us and it played a significant role in him being a relative non-factor. Perhaps, you can get JB to say for once the refs helped us for a change on that front. JB also stated after UVA crushed us and Huff had a field day, that Huff was "the best center in the league." Maybe you can get him to admit; "come on man, you know I just say stuff" or along those lines. ;):)

But why did he get into foul trouble? What that because of how we played him?

(There has been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Why not ask about the anonymous comments from an ACC coach on the Syracuse backcourt. He called our guys one of which is his son YMCA pickup players.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Winner !!!!
scared chicken.gif

I'm saving that, (If I decide to ask it), for the last show of the season.
ask that and you might get banned, which is unfortunate, you are a great contributor to the show

ask that and you might get banned, which is unfortunate, you are a great contributor to the show

I doubt he would be banned, it's a seasonal call in show. Its not exactly the CIA doing the call screening.

If your not able to listen, Jim's on an extended 10 minute rant defending Joe and Buddy. He must have heard some rumblings because Matt Park was droning on about something else and he just went right into it.

Complimented Kadary mutiple times but said he can't play much more then the 20 minutes a game he is playing due to conditioning.

Says our losses were due to lack of rebounding by the forwards and Marek. Brought up locals "hating" on Cooney for four years and now a vocal minority are doing it to Joe and Buddy.

Also said we have the best 3pt defense in the conference

Boeheim says SU is one of the best offenses in the country & defense isn't as big an issue as rebounds. "Almost the sole reason we've lost five games is because we've been outrebounded. Our perimeter defense is very good considering we're leading the league in 3-point % defense."

Jim Boeheim also says that while the starting backcourt is shooting under 38% from the field, Buddy and Girard are in the game a lot because they stretch the defense, pose a 3pt threat.

Boeheim adds: "Defensively, we've got to play better. That's the key the rest of the way."

...makes sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom