My Questions for the last Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for the last Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(...of the season?)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays, (Wednesdays until the Dino Babers Show ends) from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality. Last year they did a third half hour segment on Twitch.
Their schedule: Americu Jim Boeheim Show Starts Nov. 9 - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MattPark1 or https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskBoeheim?src=hashtag_click

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segment the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

(This is the end-of-the-season show and may be the last ever Jim Boeheim Show, so I’m going to pack in as much as possible.)

For the Matt Park Segment:

I’m going to start by inquiring how the coach is handling the stress of this situation and compliment him on his demeanor at the post-game press conferences following these defeats. Then:

“Coach, in the 2006 season, we closed the regular season with Consecutive losses to Georgetown, DePaul and Villanova by a total of 64 points. People were in despair but then Gerry McNamara led us to an amazing run through the Big East tournament and a berth in the NCAA tournament. Can you compare that situation to this one in terms of team attitude and leadership?”

For the Gomez segment:

“Coach, all season long you’ve pointed out that the top teams in the league have used the transfer portal extensively to construct their line-ups while your team was trying to compete with them with freshmen. You said you recruited the 6 high school kids because a lot of guys had left and you didn’t want to wait for the portal to open up to fill those spots. Why didn’t you want to wait, and do you regret not bringing in some veteran forwards for those two forward positions?”

For the Twitch segment:

“Coach, SU fans pine for the days when we had nationally ranked teams and real hopes of winning another national championship. Have the circumstances of this program and of college basketball changed so much that applying the standards of a decade ago to current and future SU teams is unrealistic and unfair?”

Steve, this may be the last time you ever speak with coach on the air.

Good questions!

Possibly the 2023-24 team will benefit from the struggles of this season, if the young forwards stay and develop.

I’d like to ask is it realistic for SU to bring in the Coleman’s, Owens and Wallace’s of today? We aren’t even mentioned with top ten recruits anymore. How much has the ACC affected our ability to recruit top players from our old recruiting areas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom