My Questions for tonight's Fran Brown Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Fran Brown Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(This has their schedule for the season)

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:

You can catch the show on TK99/105 locally, Cuse.com and the 'Cuse App, You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/ or https://cuse.com/watch/?Live=6944&type=Live . Fans are invited to participate in the show by calling 888-7Go-Cuse, (1-888-746-2873), or 424-8599 or on twitter (@CuseLearfield) with the hashtag #AskFran or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website): Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics.
And the half-hour follow-up on Twitch will turn up on You-Tube later that evening, (we hope).

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

Coach, a couple of shows ago you said your best recruiter was Benjamin Franklin, who’s face is on the 100 dollar bill. Now Matthew Sluka has left the UNLV team because he says an assistant coach promised him something the head coach says was not promised. I had thought schools were not supposed to be controlling NIL money. Who decides who gets what and how can a coach make sure his players get what they thought they were going to get?

For the twitch segment:

Coach, everybody has talked about our defense on the 4th and 9 play. Brent Axe pointed out that if we had double-covered Ayomanor it would have involved the safety coming in from the inside and that was an outside, back shoulder throw so the double coverage might not have prevented the play. But wouldn’t double coverage put the corner back on the outside of the receiver?

(This has their schedule for the season)

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:

You can catch the show on TK99/105 locally, Cuse.com and the 'Cuse App, You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/ or https://cuse.com/watch/?Live=6944&type=Live . Fans are invited to participate in the show by calling 888-7Go-Cuse, (1-888-746-2873), or 424-8599 or on twitter (@CuseLearfield) with the hashtag #AskFran or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website): Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics.
And the half-hour follow-up on Twitch will turn up on You-Tube later that evening, (we hope).

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

Coach, a couple of shows ago you said your best recruiter was Benjamin Franklin, who’s face is on the 100 dollar bill. Now Matthew Sluka has left the UNLV team because he says an assistant coach promised him something the head coach says was not promised. I had thought schools were not supposed to be controlling NIL money. Who decides who gets what and how can a coach make sure his players get what they thought they were going to get?

For the twitch segment:

Coach, everybody has talked about our defense on the 4th and 9 play. Brent Axe pointed out that if we had double-covered Ayomanor it would have involved the safety coming in from the inside and that was an outside, back shoulder throw so the double coverage might not have prevented the play. But wouldn’t double coverage put the corner back on the outside of the receiver?

I think your question regarding the coverage on the 4th and 9 play presumes the only way to double cover an outside receiver is inside/outside. With all due respect to Axe he is hardly an expert on defensive coverages. I would have gone with on over and inside safety with and under and inside corner with the sideline providing the outside support. With a safety over the top the corner (who played pretty good coverage) would have been able to play even more aggressively. With that said, I acknowledge no coverage is absolutely perfect and still requires young men to execute the coverage and prevent a very good receiver from making a play and catching the ball.

As I’ve been reading these responses it seems to me that most of the frustrations stem from the belief that we could have done more (double instead of single coverage). All most fans (myself included) want is to be able to say “we did everything we could” in that situation. And If a very good receiver makes a play against double coverage so be it.

I absolutely love that Coach Fran and Coach E both accepted full responsibility for the call. At no time did any coach throw a player under the bus. As it should be.

Go Orange!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom