My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(There has been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, I’ve got two questions about our big men, one from a friend. My friend noticed that all of our big men are rather skinny. He wondered how our weight program compares to those of other schools like Pittsburgh and North Carolina. I wondered what the relative importance of game experiences was in the development of big men. Do they have to play a lot to get better or can it all be done in practice?”

Steve. Could u ask JB. Why we don't recruit the best of the best big men in recruiting classes ? I mean high impact big men. And if not why are we not going after high impact transfers (traditional or grad transfer)

I remember posting this a couple years ago during their run and questioned if the Cuse S&C is on this level. I tend to think it is more of recruiting a different body type than actual workout plans. The Mballa kid at UB was a beast inside and he started off down in Lubbock so just must be the type of recruit.

Still think they will never get a big bodied kid unless they throw the ball into the post. When is the last time that happened? Rak, Fab, AO is all that comes to the top of my head. Appears to be a leap year schedule.

I don’t call him anymore for several reasons but if I did I would ask him how do you feel about being proven by three different players on more than one instance for each (Robert,Woody, and Jesse) when you put them on the floor they produce but yet you don’t reward them in more minutes and future games both Robert and what do you have shoulder better than garbage play Minutes and Jesse as well when are you gonna change and learn how to rotate players!

I don’t call him anymore for several reasons but if I did I would ask him how do you feel about being proven by three different players on more than one instance for each (Robert,Woody, and Jesse) when you put them on the floor they produce but yet you don’t reward them in more minutes and future games both Robert and what do you have shoulder better than garbage play Minutes and Jesse as well when are you gonna change and learn how to rotate players!
come on! you gotta ask him that! in those exact words!

I apologize if this is old news, but I sometimes catch the JB show with Matt on SiriusXM ACC 371 radio coaches show @6. Seeing this is before the broadcast, perhaps they air it on Friday. JB is definitely in the rotation though.

Of course you have to watch out to avoid the cloying Basketball with Coach K show, if you are going to listen to that station. It is an ACC channel after all.
coach-k-hair.jpg

C'mon, you have to share the reasons because now I'm imagining you don't because it's something scandalous!

Pat. Call him up you have more gumption then any fans around. I hear you on local radio. Please ask him about recruiting strategy and why we recruit the same level/ranking type big man. Why are we not going after high impact/rating Centers out of high school or via the transfer route ?

Steve. Could u ask JB. Why we don't recruit the best of the best big men in recruiting classes ? I mean high impact big men. And if not why are we not going after high impact transfers (traditional or grad transfer)

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

The chances a first time caller like me gets thru slim. But a regular caller like u probably have an open line. Please ask my question either this week or next week.

So basically the players had Covid and they are still playing all these
Minutes? You can’t say you don’t want to make an excuse and then make an excuse why the bench doesn’t play.

Don’t say it’s an excuse then. Play more players if they are dealing with Covid recovery.

My god these answers.

The chances a first time caller like me gets thru slim. But a regular caller like u probably have an open line. Please ask my question either this week or next week.

They take new callers without any problem. I don't know that they reject anybody. Give it a try.

I'll look at suggestions, (this week's question was partially based on something Sutomcat said) but I'll decide what I'm going to ask.

They take new callers without any problem. I don't know that they reject anybody. Give it a try.

I'll look at suggestions, (this week's question was partially based on something Sutomcat said) but I'll decide what I'm going to ask.
I have never not been able to get through

Anybody else have to read that twice?
Anybody else wondering if that's an accurate quote?
Anybody else believe they may have entered the Twilight Zone?
Yeah I guess Kadary doesn’t help the defense.
My god.

Yeah I guess Kadary doesn’t help the defense.
My god.

So the fact that when Kadary is in and the high post entry pass is much more difficult and he leads the ACC in steals means nothing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom