My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(There have been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, firstly I’d like to congratulate you on the team on securing our 51st straight winning season. We’ve seen what happened to Kentucky this year and North Carolina last year. That’s never happened to us since the 1960’s. UCLA’ record of 54 straight winning seasons is dead ahead. (The NCAA might say that it isn’t but they don’t list consecutive winning seasons in their record book so I think unofficial victories could be applied to an unofficial record.) I think consistent success is a better measure of a coach than championships: you recruit, teach, motivate and create strategy but the players have to take it beyond that.

We’ve seen the basketball team fall behind by 20 and win the rest of the game by 28, the lacrosse team start out 6-1 and get outscored 5-17 the rest of the game, then the basketball team falls behind 14-36 and this time couldn’t come back. That’s quite a roller-coaster ride. What accounts for it? Is it effort, confidence, mental focus, fatigue, match-ups, strategies or something else?”

(There have been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, firstly I’d like to congratulate you on the team on securing our 51st straight winning season. We’ve seen what happened to Kentucky this year and North Carolina last year. That’s never happened to us since the 1960’s. UCLA’ record of 54 straight winning seasons is dead ahead. (The NCAA might say that it isn’t but they don’t list consecutive winning seasons in their record book so I think unofficial victories could be applied to an unofficial record.) I think consistent success is a better measure of a coach than championships: you recruit, teach, motivate and create strategy but the players have to take it beyond that.

We’ve seen the basketball team fall behind by 20 and win the rest of the game by 28, the lacrosse team start out 6-1 and get outscored 5-17 the rest of the game, then the basketball team falls behind 14-36 and this time couldn’t come back. That’s quite a roller-coaster ride. What accounts for it? Is it effort, confidence, mental focus, fatigue, match-ups, strategies or something else?”

Still Waiting for my question to be asked. Although should be changed because Buddy has been playing well. Should include Girard. What much better does Kadary have to do or how much worse does Joe G need to play to make the lineup switch.

Still Waiting for my question to be asked. Although should be changed because Buddy has been playing well. Should include Girard. What much better does Kadary have to do or how much worse does Joe G need to play to make the lineup switch.
I think he included the phone number for the show. You want it answered , call the show and ask for yourself. Personal responsibility.

I think he included the phone number for the show. You want it answered , call the show and ask for yourself. Personal responsibility.

Again. I'm not going to get yelled at on the radio by JB and made a fool of.

Again. I'm not going to get yelled at on the radio by JB and made a fool of.
WE CAN YELL AT YOU HERE!!! GROW SOME STONES OR FIND A MORE PC WAY TO ASK IT.

Someone recently posted the analytics of the three guards. I've always said JAB was into analytics before anyone so it would interesting to see how much he believes in certain things which would give him the greatest chance to win. I would guess he does but his heart comes first.

I’ve tried to listen on Tunein before but it plays music on the 97.7 option. Anybody have tips on how I can listen?

This might be the season's last show as the regular season will be over by next Thursday and they usually shut it down at that point. I'll ask if there will be a show next week but if you planned on calling in this season, tonight might be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom