My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, we had 3 offensive rebounds against Notre Dame. They had 11. That led to 6 second chance points for us vs. 22 for them and also is the main reason we committed 18 fouls to their 9. We know that it’s difficult to rebound when you are in a zone. Is there something about our offense that makes offensive rebounding difficult?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, I enjoyed seeing Bourama Sidibe make that move to score against Georgia Tech and beating everyone down court for the score against Notre Dame. The last eight years would have bene very different if DaJuan Coleman and Bourama had had good knees.

We had been having great success using Jesse Edwards on the pick and roll. It made the defense pay for over-committing to guard our shooters. Could Bourama be used in the same way?”

Twitch: I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show.

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, we had 3 offensive rebounds against Notre Dame. They had 11. That led to 6 second chance points for us vs. 22 for them and also is the main reason we committed 18 fouls to their 9. We know that it’s difficult to rebound when you are in a zone. Is there something about our offense that makes offensive rebounding difficult?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, I enjoyed seeing Bourama Sidibe make that move to score against Georgia Tech and beating everyone down court for the score against Notre Dame. The last eight years would have bene very different if DaJuan Coleman and Bourama had had good knees.

We had been having great success using Jesse Edwards on the pick and roll. It made the defense pay for over-committing to guard our shooters. Could Bourama be used in the same way?”

Twitch: I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show.

Good questions. I think he'll go back to his issues with Frank and rebounding, but I like how you set that up with the additional context.

Will be interested to hear what he says about Sid in the pick and roll in your second question. First, I never thought Sid could play this much, at all. Then, seeing what he did against GT, I was surprised, again. I would never imagine he could be viable in the pick and roll at the start of the season, but maybe he can.

Hope he gives you a clear answer on both. Again, good questions.

Potential Boeheim bombshell. In the Twitch segment they were discussing the challenges a zone faces with superior shooting and ball handling. Matt asked Jim if he might re-think playing 100% zone. He said "not with this group - they could never play man for man if we practiced it for two years." But he said that man-to-man is something he might look into with the guys we have coming in next year.

He also said that "we'll probably have a 6th guy coming in" and that Buddy, Jimmy and Cole will be gone. "If anyone else leaves, we'll have to look at the transfer portal".

He also said that "we'll probably have a 6th guy coming in" and that Buddy, Jimmy and Cole will be gone. "If anyone else leaves, we'll have to look at the transfer portal".

9170f259-18fc-4b5e-a345-42460d107fef.9d8adad0c86fdb2dbb8c85763672c69c.jpeg

Potential Boeheim bombshell. In the Twitch segment they were discussing the challenges a zone faces with superior shooting and ball handling. Matt asked Jim if he might re-think playing 100% zone. He said "not with this group - they could never play man for man if we practiced it for two years." But he said that man-to-man is something he might look into with the guys we have coming in next year.

with the 6th guy, we still need the portal.

Great questions but I wonder why he would not consider going man when the other team is taking the ball out of bounds with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. Seems like we are always giving up a prayer. Also sorry to see if Cole not coming back. Could leave a hole on the wing.

And Bourama

We need to find 2-3 more starters for next year If JB wants to be good. Jesse, Joe and maybe Symir.

Maybe someone ask him why the team seems to keep misassessing its needs in terms of building a roster from year to year over the past 8 or so seasons...?

At this point i would prefer they just bring in too many players and let the chips fall where they may...with open and fair comp for spots without promising anyone playing time in advance.

So JB expects Mintz.
I don’t get why Cole is gone.
I hope its his decision.

We really need a forward next year.
Benny and Bunch as the starting forwards with Jesse, Joe, Mintz is a scary lineup.
Why is cole gone?

Jfc Benny better make one helluva leap - like, unprecedented - if that's the forward pool jb gonna roll with

So JB expects Mintz.
I hope its his decision.

Benny and Bunch as the starting forwards with Jesse, Joe, Mintz is a scary lineup.
Scary good or scary not-so-good lol

So JB expects Mintz.
I hope its his decision.

I think JG and Mintz would be okay. I think the other forward may well be Taylor over either of those other two. But we need a portal forward. Maybe 2. And they better be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom