My real fear is next year… | Syracusefan.com

My real fear is next year…

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
I suppose we all can suffer and go numb from what may be a losing season… but we need to have hope that fortunes will rebound.

I don’t see any hope on the horizon esp after the latest take on our recruits. I can push through 1 lost season but not consecutive lost years.

NKR1978

Living Legend
UConn had two bad seasons. The they found a good coach who can recruit and motivate. Figure we have 3 bad years ahead. Then hopefully we'll hire someone like Hurley.

But I've already decided it's not worth going to Syracuse to watch. At some point SU has to realize how much money they'll lose with a bad basketball team.

SWC75

Bored Historian
giphy.gif

FRANKIEFAN

All American
If we don't can Wildhack its going to be 2 more bad years under JB and then 3 under whatever miserable hire he picks.

It might be a moot point anyway and you have to wait for the guy that follows the guy who followed the guy until we are good again.

Jimmy Jr is our second best player (Buddy the first) that is a bad thing the roster just isn't good. Edwards can move but his bobbles and not grabbing rebounds always lead to big points/turnovers. JG3 would be fine as a 6th man and everyone but the coach can see that but as PG next to Buddy the backcourt stinks getting the offense in motion and defending. Swider and Benny huge disappointments. Just a bad team and the recruits look to be projects not sure we see immediate help next year. And when we miss on recruits we miss see Jalen Carey who can't get on the floor for URI.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
How could it be any worse than this?
That’s not the point. It’s the extended misery that will lead to a detached fan base that checks out. Anyone with young kids can attest to how hard it’s going to be to pass the torch of fanhood to the next generation. We were spoiled as kids who grew up in the 80s.

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
I suppose we all can suffer and go numb from what may be a losing season… but we need to have hope that fortunes will rebound.

I don’t see any hope on the horizon esp after the latest take on our recruits. I can push through 1 lost season but not consecutive lost years.
I mean, I’m assuming we’ll go after several high impact transfers. Hopefully we can land them.

SUFan44

All American
Next year’s roster is borderline mid major. The 5 guys coming in are not impact guys. Taylor can’t shoot as a shooter, Copeland is mistake prone, Bunch can’t defend, Carey is a project, as is the kid from VA.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. This has been a long time coming.

Cuse'91

All Conference
I mean, think about the names we were going after in this class, then look at the names we actually got. Man, it slays me, if we missed out on players like Roddy Gayle because we were holding out for the likes of Chance.

Cuse_bball

Walk On
Next year’s roster is borderline mid major. The 5 guys coming in are not impact guys. Taylor can’t shoot as a shooter, Copeland is mistake prone, Bunch can’t defend, Carey is a project, as is the kid from VA.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. This has been a long time coming.
Bunch can defend…he’s the one guy that will for sure be ready next year

Cuse181

Walk On

H0T Takes nearly 9 months from their enrollment…

SUFan44

All American
Bunch can defend…he’s the one guy that will for sure be ready next year
He can score but is lazy. Has aptitude but defense is effort. He hasn’t shown that consistently at that end.

Cuseball

2nd String

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Otto 11/24/21

kingtidge

All Conference
UConn had two bad seasons. The they found a good coach who can recruit and motivate. Figure we have 3 bad years ahead. Then hopefully we'll hire someone like Hurley.

But I've already decided it's not worth going to Syracuse to watch. At some point SU has to realize how much money they'll lose with a bad basketball team.

The writing has been on the wall for quite a while so it's no surprise. I think we were all hoping we'd continue to squeak by as a perennial bubbler in Boeheim's final years as the trendlines continue to trend down with the program... Like Seth Davis has suggested this year again... Which to me, is a kiss of death, since he's always wrong about us.

It will be kinda sad to see Boeheim go out in the toilet, but he's also been typically boeheim about it. Players tossed under the bus, not his fault, fans and reporters are stupid, etc... Handling adversity gracefully is not in his DNA, so it's difficult to have much sympathy.

A complete rebuild will be necessary, but that is a lot easier with basketball than football at least - providing Wildhack makes the right hire.

Buckle-up for a rough two years.

We're finally here I think and it's gonna be ugly.

Here's hoping I am 100% wrong and this team works some magic in what looks like a very challenging season ahead.

NKR1978

Living Legend
The writing has been on the wall for quite a while so it's no surprise. I think we were all hoping we'd continue to squeak by as a perennial bubbler in Boeheim's final years as the trendlines continue to trend down with the program... Like Seth Davis has suggested this year again... Which to me, is a kiss of death, since he's always wrong about us.

It will be kinda sad to see Boeheim go out in the toilet, but he's also been typically boeheim about it. Players tossed under the bus, not his fault, fans and reporters are stupid, etc... Handling adversity gracefully is not in his DNA, so it's difficult to have much sympathy.

A complete rebuild will be necessary, but that is a lot easier with basketball than football at least - providing Wildhack makes the right hire.

Buckle-up for a rough two years.

We're finally here I think and it's gonna be ugly.

Here's hoping I am 100% wrong and this team works some magic in what looks like a very challenging season ahead.

We all want to be wrong. Almost all of us have never known Syracuse basketball without JB. And while trivial to the world, it obviously means something to those of us who spend a not insignificant portion of our lives reading and posting on a message board devoted to Syracuse.

It's even sadder because this team has his two boys. It's not a tragedy, but that's gotta to weigh on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cusean

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom