My Run-in w/ Kelvin Samspon | Syracusefan.com

My Run-in w/ Kelvin Samspon

TheOrangeBuddha

Scout Team
My run-in with Kelvin Sampson morning after 2003 championship

I’m waiting to fly back to Houston at NOLA airport having partied all night. Strike up a conversation with a very nice woman at the gate. She congratulates me on the Syracuse win and how much she enjoyed watching them play. Next thing I know, I’m towering over a guy that looks exactly like Kelvin Sampson. The woman proceeds to introduce me to her husband Kelvin. He’s quite “dickish” leading to his wife giving him a bit of hell at which he reminds her while pointing at my shirt that Syracuse knocked his team out of the tourney. I try to ease the tension by saying something about next year and he flippantly responds “it should’ve been this year.”

At this point I’m still being nice … and ask him what he would’ve done differently versus Syracuse having had time to think about how the game unfolded. Again, in a completely confrontational tone, he says “the only thing I’d change is the location of the game.”

Without missing a beat, I calmly said, “That’s surprising. I would’ve thought you might’ve brought someone in that had a clue how to attack our zone since you sure as hell didn’t.” Kelvin stormed off while he wife laughed out loud at my comment.

Lets go Auburn!

I’m waiting to fly back to Houston at NOLA airport having partied all night. Strike up a conversation with a very nice woman at the gate. She congratulates me on the Syracuse win and how much she enjoyed watching them play. Next thing I know, I’m towering over a guy that looks exactly like Kelvin Sampson. The woman proceeds to introduce me to her husband Kelvin. He’s quite “dickish” leading to his wife giving him a bit of hell at which he reminds her while pointing at my shirt that Syracuse knocked his team out of the tourney. I try to ease the tension by saying something about next year and he flippantly responds “it should’ve been this year.”

At this point I’m still being nice … and ask him what he would’ve done differently versus Syracuse having had time to think about how the game unfolded. Again, in a completely confrontational tone, he says “the only thing I’d change is the location of the game.”

Without missing a beat, I calmly said, “That’s surprising. I would’ve thought you might’ve brought someone in that had a clue how to attack our zone since you sure as hell didn’t.” Kelvin stormed off while he wife laughed out loud at my comment.

Lets go Auburn!

Sucks a Kelvin loss is Bruce Pearl win...

Lets go Auburn!
Yup Kelvin, location was the reason you lost 63-47 :)

Lets go Auburn!
Only took him 18 years to figure it out.

Lets go Auburn!
Sounds like ex-wife

Lets go Auburn!
I was there. Less than 4 minutes into the game the outcome was clear. They had zero clue against a zone that moved in synchronicity.

Yup Kelvin, location was the reason you lost 63-47 :)
There are lots of sore losers among coaches. There aren't many coaches who'd send euro-dude onto the court to play hitman with the other team's unstoppable star player.

Give me the run of the mill cheating grifter of a coach like Pearl over that guy.

Sounds like ex-wife
Funny that was my first thought too. Almost posted it but wasn’t sure how that would be received.

Funny that was my first thought too. Almost posted it but wasn’t sure how that would be received.
Looks like they’re still married.

Ha, my first thought was “I wonder if they’re still married?”, lol.

Hollis Price, 3-17.

Aka….

th

Lets go Auburn!

Lol!

If you had to guess, how hot was his temper??

...in degrees kelvin, plz.

I always maintained that we were criminally overlooked all year and should’ve been a 2 seed, so if they were going to make us be an underrated 3 seed, then they at least owed us Albany.

You’re not wrong…never spent a day in the top ten..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom