My son's school, Manhattan College, is closing for at least 2 weeks | Syracusefan.com

My son's school, Manhattan College, is closing for at least 2 weeks

Obviously a lot of other schools are doing the same. Not sure I understand the logic. Instead of containing all the students in one area, you are sending them off to all 50 states plus foreign countries. Whats going to happen in two weeks?

Obviously a lot of other schools are doing the same. Not sure I understand the logic. Instead of containing all the students in one area, you are sending them off to all 50 states plus foreign countries. Whats going to happen in two weeks?

I think the logic is strictly a liability one. Schools don't want lawsuits so better the kids get the virus elsewhere.

mine got spring break extended one week and they will move to all on line. He takes some on line now so its not really a big deal for us

I think the logic is strictly a liability one. Schools don't want lawsuits so better the kids get the virus elsewhere.

Those kids on spring break will have been more exposed to more people especially those flocking to Florida etc. What the schools might have to deal with students coming back from spring break might be even scarier.

my son's school (k-8) closing tomorrow for a month. spring break was set to begin april 4, so an additional 3 weeks. even my son said "wow, that's too long."

faculty & staff convening tomorrow to implement their distance learning plan.

Those kids on spring break will have been more exposed to more people especially those flocking to Florida etc. What the schools might have to deal with students coming back from spring break might be even scarier.
Two of my sisters' kids are home for Spring Break. They go to Ohio State and UGA. They won't be going back to school after break. They will be finishing up their semester at home, on line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom