My SU Football New Year's Resolution - Be Less Cynical | Syracusefan.com

My SU Football New Year's Resolution - Be Less Cynical

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Dino isn't going anywhere, so I am sheathing my sword and pitchfork and committing to chill the heck out for a while. I am excited about the possibility of a 3-way QB battle in which either a reinvigorated Devito or an exciting newcomer will be leading the charge. I am excited about the incoming class which is probably the strongest Dino has brought in to date. I am excited about the possibility of an offense that will actually use all of the field (this may be wishful thinking but I am trying to get my mind here), will actually use a full passing tree, and will rediscover the mysterious thing called the tight end.

I cannot promise this will last forever, and I suspect that the first time I see a 40 yard incompletion down the sideline on 3rd and 1 I am going to flip the table again, but at the very least I am committing to be less of a cynic (and frankly, around these parts at least, less of an irritant) during this offseason. I still think Dino needs 5 wins or better to merit another season, and that won't change, but I am committed to being a supportive fan and alum as he and the team try to get there...at least as long as I can :)

“A self-aware man I like that.”
2AE17FF5-33CC-4303-8D1F-4F0F7A8A9EFD.jpeg

The refs spot the ball... The whistle blows... Great position, 3 & 1, looking to get some momentum, keep the drive going. It's early in the game, Defense is keeping us alive and the other offense off the field. Excitement mounts, we're executing. The players, look to the sideline with great anticipation for the coming play.

The call comes in from the headset...Dino, let's go with the annexation of Puerto Rico... They'll never see it coming, send it deeeeeep!

Shoot... Alright, Punt Team out!!!

Bottom line, I think what it will take to have a successful 2021 is effective interior blocking by guards and center, and QB's that are better prepared to get the ball out or move when the play is broken.

Bottom line, I think what it will take to have a successful 2021 is effective interior blocking by guards and center, and QB's that are better prepared to get the ball out or move when the play is broken.

Bet Tommy was watching Rex have success throwing sideline darts Vs ND. Full off season will do wonders for the offense

Dino isn't going anywhere, so I am sheathing my sword and pitchfork and committing to chill the heck out for a while. I am excited about the possibility of a 3-way QB battle in which either a reinvigorated Devito or an exciting newcomer will be leading the charge. I am excited about the incoming class which is probably the strongest Dino has brought in to date. I am excited about the possibility of an offense that will actually use all of the field (this may be wishful thinking but I am trying to get my mind here), will actually use a full passing tree, and will rediscover the mysterious thing called the tight end.

I cannot promise this will last forever, and I suspect that the first time I see a 40 yard incompletion down the sideline on 3rd and 1 I am going to flip the table again, but at the very least I am committing to be less of a cynic (and frankly, around these parts at least, less of an irritant) during this offseason. I still think Dino needs 5 wins or better to merit another season, and that won't change, but I am committed to being a supportive fan and alum as he and the team try to get there...at least as long as I can :)

:)

Let's get 12,000 fans in the stands too. That would go a long way towards boosting positive vibes

If I get less cynical or passionate on Syracuse sports, it will bleed into other elements of my life. As I kinda really like my wife, I'll continue to be irrational regarding the home Dome Stadium team in the 315.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom