My thoughts on the game | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on the game

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Love our DL-When is the last time our DL has been this good (and D in general). This year is the 1st time I can remember just dominating the LOS practically every game. Wish we could play BC this year.
  • Love me some Jerome Smith
  • Krautman hitting some FG's, including a 47-yarder gotta be huge for his confidence and could really help us for the rest of the season
  • Nassib played an excellent game, though still has to be more careful about protecting the ball when he's in trouble. His fumble could have been a big play if Macky didn't recover it
  • The OL dominated in the run game
  • I'll have some more Lemonade please.
  • Wales showed some nice hands...wonder what has happened to Stevens this year
  • Wilkes is definitely the weak link on our defense (with an improving Rishard #2)-I feel like 90% of big plays against our D comes against them. Would love to see more Eskridge or Desir and less Wilkes, who just misses too many tackles, just as he did last year.
  • Dyshawn is a playmaker
  • Like to see us going after the ball a bit more on D
  • Still think we're wasting Broyld at RB-Don't need him there
  • Disappointed Loeb didn't get a chance to throw a pass in this game. This was the perfect chance to get him a little experience and we blew it
  • If anyone needed a reminder why Pasqualoni had to go, you got it.
  • Next game is huge-Will we play better with some new confidence or have a post WVU-swoon like past years? We can win or lose any game on the schedule and the USF game is not a gimme, particularly on the road.

I agree with everything you said, but DM has to recruit some CBs. For our defense to become real solid, our secondary has to stick onto WRs and stop giving them such easy chances to get wide open. Our pass rush helped kill any chance for UConn's QB to do anything, but if he was any accurate at all their were tons of wide open WRs he could have hit. Reddish is solid and I like the solid safety play of Eskridge and Thomas, but we need a 2nd CB and nickel back SO BADLY.

I agree with everything you said, but DM has to recruit some CBs. For our defense to become real solid, our secondary has to stick onto WRs and stop giving them such easy chances to get wide open. Our pass rush helped kill any chance for UConn's QB to do anything, but if he was any accurate at all their were tons of wide open WRs he could have hit. Reddish is solid and I like the solid safety play of Eskridge and Thomas, but we need a 2nd CB and nickel back SO BADLY.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we've got a couple of those guys on the roster, but it's a shame we burned Whigham's redshirt for like two plays.

Morgan and Whigham are going to be really good. Not sure what's become of Jaston George; many had high hopes for him, too.

george is playing a ton on special teams, still only 165, that might be limiting his play.

I'm still waiting for Dale Peterman to show up on campus.

I think Lyn is a pretty good 2nd CB.

Reddish is solid and I like the solid safety play of Eskridge and Thomas, but we need a 2nd CB and nickel back SO BADLY.

Keon Lyn says hello.

Keon Lyn says hello.
Lyn could be a nickel back, but isn't BCS caliber starting CB IMO. He gets a beat a lot and forces us to play a lot of zone and the WRs are always given free releases as a result. We need another Reddish badly. Our biggest recruiting needs are 1. CBs 2. DEs. 3. best available athletes.

Lyn could be a nickel back, but isn't BCS caliber starting CB IMO. He gets a beat a lot and forces us to play a lot of zone and the WRs are always given free releases as a result. We need another Reddish badly. Our biggest recruiting needs are 1. CBs 2. DEs. 3. best available athletes.

He gets beat a lot? As Shafer recently said in a PS article, he's our best cover corner. By the way, he has 5 PBUs which is first on the team and a decent indicator of tight coverage. And we have CBs in the pipeline. See whigham, Morgan, George. By no means is that our biggest need.

I liked it when Eskridge knocked down that throw on that crossing pattern. I also want him to be annoyed that he didn't catch it, I want it all just like he did and that's the attitude and talent we need back there.

• Nassib played an excellent game, though still has to be more careful about protecting the ball when he's in trouble. His fumble could have been a big play if Macky didn't recover it
  • The OL dominated in the run gam
  • If anyone needed a reminder why Pasqualoni had to go, you got it.
  • Next game is huge-Will we play better with some new confidence or have a post WVU-swoon like past years? We can win or lose any game on the schedule and the USF game is not a gimme, particularly on the road.

Regarding Nassib and OL, I said last week that there were 3 major factors that would decide the outcome of this game; turnovers, penalties, and coaching. Nassib and the OL did everything necessary to win. No turnovers, minimal penalites and our offense rolled. I love watching us play fundamentally sound football because we can be very good when we do. As for the coaching, I was completely wrong when I said P > DM. DM and Co. clearly outclassed P and D last night. It looked like a classic P game, he came with a gameplan and when it didn't work his team went down in flames. I remember how many times P would say his gameplan was fine and that it just wasn't executed properly when in fact he was clearly being outcoached. Everytime they did something to counter our offense we had an answer. I think it's also pretty clear Schafer had the right gameplan for shutting down a very good RB and keeping the pressure on their QB all game. Maybe I did need a reminder as to why P is gone and Friday night provided an excellent example. Now we just need to keep the ball rolling and continue to play mistake free football in Tampa this week. If we do, Holtz and his boys best watch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom