My top 10 things that annoy me about this team | Syracusefan.com

My top 10 things that annoy me about this team

20Plus

1)Slow start on offense and defense
2)Missing free throws and layups when we’re desperate for point

3)Not knowing how to draw fouls and doing acrobatic pretzel type moves to avoid contact

4)Unforced error‘s
5)Not having a guy protecting the basket when we full-court press

6)Not moving the defense in plain one on one basketball with less than six assists in an entire game
7)Looking like world beaters for three minutes and then looking like a division to team for five

8)Not rotating our player
9)With our top four players one or 2 Always Plays Way below his average and potential every game.

10. Allowing our zone to sink in just to have the offense kick it out and shoot over the top of our zone

SLOw starts are really getting old. Even Miami we were down 17-11. Can’t fall behind by 8-10pts every game and expect to win. Ohio st nd and duke games all fell behind early even though they won, they sleepwalk at the start of games.

Battle either waits till we’re down double digits or waits until the 2nd half to be aggressive.

We drift, lack focus and are extremely inconsistent. Turnovers are up. Effort and intensity are sporadic at best.
Simply put the team is soft.

When you're getting doubled the whole half - 12-6, 22-11, 36-18, that's not really a "slow start" as much as a byproduct of getting your ass kicked.
I’m talking about where the scoreboard is every game after six minutes so yeah it is slow starts in eight out of every 10 games

Team is absolutely soft. ZERO toughness. Settle for jumpers and the easy way out. No killers.
I think Frank is tough. That's all I got.
Carey maybe.

I think Frank is tough. That's all I got.
Carey maybe.

Frank is tough? He settles for jumpers and shies away from contact on dribble drives. Has his entire career. Every single player we have does the same, save Brissett when he is yelled into that mode. And even when he drives, he jumps sideways to avoid contact.

Frank is tough? He settles for jumpers and shies away from contact on dribble drives. Has his entire career. Every single player we have does the same, save Brissett when he is yelled into that mode. And even when he drives, he jumps sideways to avoid contact.
Frank is tough.
I watch every game, and he is a force.

Honest question...what does a tough player look like and act like on the court?

Honest question...what does a tough player look like and act like on the court?
Not afraid to back down to anyone. Including a guy supposed to be one of college's greatest defenders.

The top 1 thing for me that covers all 10: their talent. In my opinion, this team is way too gifted to have shat the bed like they did tonight or on other occasions. Again, my opinion. (That includes Boheim, who at times has flashed brilliance).

Dont bet on this team unless you feel beyond lucky. I thought the spread would be enough.

The top 1 thing for me that covers all 10: their talent. In my opinion, this team is way too gifted to have shat the bed like they did tonight or on other occasions. Again, my opinion.
And I'll reply with... We've been very good lately. (Besides today)
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I have this horrible feeling I'm going to be watching Jn's projections again this year.

A coach on the floor. The guy who gets in his teamates face and because he has their respect gets them to compete and put every ounce of effort forth. Its Pearl trying to knock out Patrick. Its Devo jumping on the scorers table, Its Gmac giving every ounce of energy, its DC striking fear in opposing players, teamates, SU football players, and coaches. Its Waiters talking trash and backing it up. Its Roys runts out hustling teams twice their size, its Hop diving for loose balls. Its Donavan McNabb pucking on the field because he has given everything he has. Its Eric D willing his team to win.
Get it?

I see that. Yet he is also a killer.

Team is absolutely soft. ZERO toughness. Settle for jumpers and the easy way out. No killers.
So are you the guy that started the JB should be fired thread? If I'm wrong im sorry.
It'sa fan board ,though.

Last edited:
So are you the guy that started the JB should be fired thread? If I'm wrong im sorry.
It's afan board ,though.

You know I love you buddy, right? But shouldnt fanatics demand a bit more?

Hopefully this is just a blip on the proverbial map.

You know I love you buddy, right? But shouldnt fanatics demand a bit more?

Hopefully this is just a blip on the proverbial map.
Cap. I always repect you too. We are supposed to be fans first and forermost.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom