My two cents | Syracusefan.com

My two cents

cuseguy

Living Legend
Ok, small sample tonight. But it appears Bunch is our small forward. He can score in a variety of ways and provides needed athleticism. Taylor will provide backup minutes.

The backcourt is set with Mintz and Girard. Torrence and Copeland will get limited minutes in reserve and may be used in a 3-guard offense.

Who sits in a 3-guard offense? Usually Benny. His playing time still remains a question, and that could plaque this team. His inability to be a consistent scorer is still an issue. And because there isn’t another answer at power forward, the 3-guard offense will be the option when Benny doesn’t produce. It’s not his defense, passing or athletic ability.. He still struggles to shoot and score.

It’ll be this team’s primary thorn.

Ok, small sample tonight. But it appears Bunch is our small forward. He can score in a variety of ways and provides needed athleticism. Taylor will provide backup minutes.

The backcourt is set with Mintz and Girard. Torrence and Copeland will get limited minutes in reserve and may be used in a 3-guard offense.

Who sits in a 3-guard offense? Usually Benny. His playing time still remains a question, and that could plaque this team. His inability to be a consistent scorer is still an issue. And because there isn’t another answer at power forward, the 3-guard offense will be the option when Benny doesn’t produce. It’s not his defense, passing or athletic ability.. He still struggles to shoot and score.

Pretty quick to give up on Brown giving us much per your take despite some of the comments we have heard to date.

Pretty quick to give up on Brown giving us much per your take despite some of the comments we have heard to date.
Brown looks athletic and should be a contributor in time. But we need 10-12 points a game from that spot and he’s not ready to provide that at this point.

Brown looks athletic and should be a contributor in time. But we need 10-12 points a game from that spot and he’s not ready to provide that at this point.

We effectively need 3 double digit scorers to lead the way. Meaning Joe, Judah and Jesse being the core. A combined 12 a game from that spot would be a positive even if not all Benny. Get to 72 or more a game and we have something. Actually in both forward spots getting a combined 10-12 from Bunch/Taylor and then Benny/Maliq would work too. I still don't have a good feel of what we really have yet.

We effectively need 3 double digit scorers to lead the way. Meaning Joe, Judah and Jesse being the core. A combined 12 a game from that spot would be a positive even if not all Benny. Get to 72 or more a game and we have something. Actually in both forward spots getting a combined 10-12 from Bunch/Taylor and then Benny/Maliq would work too. I still don't have a good feel of what we really have yet.
I think Bunch/Taylor can easily give us 12 a game. I’m not so sure about Benny/Brown.

I think you’ll see Copeland at small forward at times in order to get him on the floor. If he’s as good as advertised.

I think that's the only realistic version of the "3 guard lineup" so many are clamoring for.

We shall see. I don't recall JB reiterating playing mtm this much in the off season / pre season. So even though he says things in general , he keeps saying this thing...

Inflation. Your 4 cents

Thought Brown and Hima both impressed with physicality on the defensive end, Particularly in the first half when we played man, Brown really bothered Benny.

3 point contest: Girard 10-15, Taylor 11-15. Bunch 12-15, Symir ...

...3-15 unguarded and most weren;t even close.

Thought Brown and Hima both impressed with physicality on the defensive end, Particularly in the first half when we played man, Brown really bothered Benny.

3 point contest: Girard 10-15, Taylor 11-15. Bunch 12-15, Symir ...

...3-15 unguarded and most weren;t even close.

Symir not shooting it well opens the door a lot for Quadir...

We shall see. I don't recall JB reiterating playing mtm this much in the off season / pre season. So even though he says things in general , he keeps saying this thing...
It can be tricky when we know that JB sez things to know if JB is saying things because he sez things, or if he's saying something now because sometimes he sez things.

JB will end up playing small this year when Benny drives him nuts. I full expect Symir/Taylor and Bunch to play together and fans will be screaming about rebounding.
It will force JB to go man to okay three guards.

JB will end up playing small this year when Benny drives him nuts. I full expect Symir/Taylor and Bunch to play together and fans will be screaming about rebounding.
I won’t be surprised if we see Judah, Joe and Symir at some point

Yeah I don’t really see a place for SY

If he can't score, well we know that Copeland can get to the rim, and he's 6-6. Not many PGs in college are going to keep him out of the lane. If Copeland can play acceptable defense and doesn't go all "hot dog" with his passing, he will be the third guard.

We have a perfect team to press for 10 minutes a game (5 each half) Long, athletic should get some steals, easy baskets, fouls but thats ok with depth. Copeland, Bunch, Brown, Taylor and Carey can cause havoc mixed in with Sy, Benny. 7' guys sit back and protect rim.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom