My two cents | Syracusefan.com

My two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Im not sure where to start.
The team had absolutely no energy. The offense is broken and their chemistry is horrible.
Why did Shrader play? He cant run and his passing is off as he cant plant and is all Arm.
The Oline play as if this is their first game together.

Now i will address Dino.
Im not sure what he is thinking but why does he continue to play injured players? Why hasn't Allen received carries. Why were Shrader and Tucker in the game once the game was over. They are both hurt.
Ellis. Again why is he playing.
I think that Dino has made some horrible decisions during his time here but to not give the kids a chance to score at the end of the game is unreal. Its like the game when he didn't use his time outs.
Are these decisions by design or does he just freeze and or zone out in difficult situations.

Something is seriously off and regardless of what it is its on him.
Effort and attitude are on the head coach.

JW is in a tough spot. Its obvious he will be retained as a result of the 6 wins and the ridiculous buyout.
The next 2 games are critical. Hopefully Dino doesn't lose the team as not calling a TO and giving those guys a chance to score is Dino quiting on them.
Today wasnt a good look for Dino.

Did you expect a win vs FSU?

They are obviously bigger and more physical (both lines), have far better WRs, a quick QB, a tough RB — and they rolled us, Their defense pressured our QB and blanketed our receivers.

We are limited by injuries, and Shrader is clearly not 100%. I think Dino should have played CDR-W and Allen earlier, but that hardly matters to the direction of the game. FSU was just more physical and more talented. Got to recruit better if we want to play with a team like that in November.

This was 2019 bad, as in it looked like guys didn’t give a crap. Loads of injuries are piling up and GS should not have played. Get CDRW and Allen in there next week might as well get them more experience

They are obviously bigger and more physical (both lines), have far better WRs, a quick QB, a tough RB — and they rolled us, Their defense pressured our QB and blanketed our receivers.

We are limited by injuries, and Shrader is clearly not 100%. I think Dino should have played CDR-W and Allen earlier, but that hardly matters to the direction of the game. FSU was just more physical and more talented. Got to recruit better if we want to play with a team like that in November.
No but I expected a semi-respectable effort, it was an embarrassment

No. But i did expect a great effort. I did expect the team to play with fire and passion. We acted like a loser acts. Dino coached like he was attending a funeral.
There is zero chemistry between Dino and the O side of the ball. I actually believe there are issues between him and Bob.
Dino should be ashamed of himself. Today was a disgusting effort on his part. Its Senior day. The Ohana of all days and he and the team have less energy than a cadaver.
Its obvious. Dino is a good guy but he isn't a good coach.

That lack of timeout at the end to put some points on the board and give some pride to the backups is awful. Why wouldn't you leave them on a good note after the only offense we had all game?
This was one of the worst coaching failures I’ve ever seen. You could see the players want to get back to the line and score. To just stare there like a moron and not show any emotion at all ever during games is getting old. Show some passion, show some heart. I’ve never been more disappointed in an adult who is suppose to lead young men ever. I’m over it

This was one of the worst coaching failures I’ve ever seen. You could see the players want to get back to the line and score. To just stare there like a moron and not show any emotion at all ever during games is getting old. Show some passion, show some heart. I’ve never been more disappointed in an adult who is suppose to lead young men ever. I’m over it
Dino talks a good game. His demeanor and how he handled the end of this game was a disgrace to himself and to Syracuse University.

I actually believe there are issues between him and Bob.
if you’re the AD do you can Dino and retain Bob? Bob may decide to move on either way.

Another year where by November Dino has lost the locker room

We started to hear about it when they didn’t stay out for the Alma mater a few weeks ago.

We know the many many issues the last few years….

At some point you have to pull the cord…

This was 2019 bad, as in it looked like guys didn’t give a crap. Loads of injuries are piling up and GS should not have played. Get CDRW and Allen in there next week might as well get them more experience

Hangman in Tallahassee bad

7F7815ED-7BEC-4EC7-A044-4C2B603395F4.jpeg

Why didn't CDRW call the time out? He is supposed to be the leader on the field.

Another year where by November Dino has lost the locker room

We started to hear about it when they didn’t stay out for the Alma mater a few weeks ago.

We know the many many issues the last few years….

At some point you have to pull the cord…
Wait…this again?

Do these crybabies do this everytime we lose?

That lack of timeout at the end to put some points on the board and give some pride to the backups is awful. Why wouldn't you leave them on a good note after the only offense we had all game?
Sends the message that what they’re doing out there is a joke and doesn’t matter.

The last two games have been the worst I’ve ever seen a Syracuse offense play. The line just had no timing. Constant penalties. No time to throw and no pocket to step into. The defense had poor tackling. More injuries on that side again. And poor play calling.

I understand motivating a team on a losing streak is tough, you need leadership and a strong culture to overcome those bad vibes. I thought culture and leadership were Dino’s strong suits? I’m dismayed.

The last two games have been the worst I’ve ever seen a Syracuse offense play. The line just had no timing. Constant penalties. No time to throw and no pocket to step into. The defense had poor tackling. More injuries on that side again. And poor play calling.

I understand motivating a team on a losing streak is tough, you need leadership and a strong culture to overcome those bad vibes. I thought culture and leadership were Dino’s strong suits? I’m dismayed.
Hes all Hat no saddle.

I think you’ve actually listed reasons not to retain him.

I’ve been saying it for years now. The guy is all talk and no action. How can a team with 6 wins all of a sudden play like this. Even with the injuries these guys have a major bowl to try to play for and a great season. Someone on the coaching staff is failing the players and we all know who it is. How, with 6 wins can you let a season turn this bad. The players didn’t lose their passion with 6 wins for no reason.

Honestly I hate to admit it but ur totally right. Their oline just moved us and their backs didn’t need a big hole. We need massive improvement in both lines.

I think you’ve actually listed reasons not to retain him.
What I listed (basically that FSU was more physical and more talented) was a statement of fact. The team did not quit, it wasn’t a matter of in game coaching. We got rolled by a stronger team. Our young CBs got pushed away by stronger WRs who ran for extra yards.
Our undersized DL tried their best, but they got pushed around.

In October, many here thought we had an excellent staff, particularly the coordinators, Schmidt, new special teams coach. Now they are bums?

With Shrader limited, we don’t have many weapons on offense. The TEs are ineffective, the WRs other than Gadsden are below par for our conference. The defense can’t stop the run. If you can magically fix the size and talent issues, have at it.

How can a team with 6 wins all of a sudden play like this?
On things that was ignored at 6-0? …. We’d played five home games and one roadie at UConn.

Program has to learn how to compete and ultimately win on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom