my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
I'm not going to go deep as it was a late night and early morning but here are my thoughts.

Dino should give up the in-game decision making to his coordinators. All in game decisions should be delegated as he is not mentally equipped to do this anymore. Maybe he was at some point, but at this point in his coaching career if he doesn't have it, he isn't going to find it. I'm very serious about this. Yesterday it didn't cost us the game, but it has in the past. Please Dino put down the headset. Watch the game and cheer. Run the program Sunday through when the team takes the field but from that point forward let your coordinators run the show.

Playing injured players. It's amazing what a healthy and talented back up can do in relationship to an injured hobbled starter. I'm not sure how our OL graded out, but they certainly passed the eye test. Why haven't these kids been playing?

Same with the WR group. Where have these kids been? What are the coaches seeing in practice. How do they evaluate talent? What have they been doing with Allen. Having him run on the scout team. The kid is electric. He needs touches. Same with the wide out. Have they been saving him for next year? and Pena. Why hasn't he been getting the majority of snaps in the slot. Seriously between the OL the Wrs and Allen it is beyond me why they haven't seen more snaps.

Refs, suck and yes, they are biased towards the southern teams. I mean most of them don't even speak English as I know it. The catch that wasn't. how is that allowed to stand. Home cooking with a sweet tea for everyone.

Shrader. Pay him. Big money. Get him a truck a car a plane but keep him around for next year as if we do we have something to look forward to. Not saying we can't win with the other QBs, but Shrader is such a leader I would love to see him with another year running this O.

As to the Ol why hasn't Vet been moved from center. I know he is our best... at everything grade wise other than getting knocked on his arse half the plays. Loved to see this Ol last night gave me some hope for next year.

As to the D we are playing with HS kids and backups to backups. They fought hard all game, but we are decimated on that side of the ball and Hartman is as good as they come in college. Next year if we can keep the band together, we should be very good. Maybe top 15 good.

Coaches. Dino will be back next year and if he wins six next year he will be extended. He needs to do his job this off season and keep the kids in the program, land a couple of kids from the portal and stay away from the white board.

Let's throw the vault at coach White do anything to keep him and Beck. Dr. Bob as well.

We will destroy BC next week as long as Shrader is good to Go. Looks like Boston for a bowl if we win.

Last night was frustrating but encouraging.

Next stop the Bball board.

Go Orange!

I'm not going to go deep as it was a late night and early morning but here are my thoughts.

Dino should give up the in-game decision making to his coordinators. All in game decisions should be delegated as he is not mentally equipped to do this anymore. Maybe he was at some point, but at this point in his coaching career if he doesn't have it, he isn't going to find it. I'm very serious about this. Yesterday it didn't cost us the game, but it has in the past. Please Dino put down the headset. Watch the game and cheer. Run the program Sunday through when the team takes the field but from that point forward let your coordinators run the show.

Playing injured players. It's amazing what a healthy and talented back up can do in relationship to an injured hobbled starter. I'm not sure how our OL graded out, but they certainly passed the eye test. Why haven't these kids been playing?

Same with the WR group. Where have these kids been? What are the coaches seeing in practice. How do they evaluate talent? What have they been doing with Allen. Having him run on the scout team. The kid is electric. He needs touches. Same with the wide out. Have they been saving him for next year? and Pena. Why hasn't he been getting the majority of snaps in the slot. Seriously between the OL the Wrs and Allen it is beyond me why they haven't seen more snaps.

Refs, suck and yes, they are biased towards the southern teams. I mean most of them don't even speak English as I know it. The catch that wasn't. how is that allowed to stand. Home cooking with a sweet tea for everyone.

Shrader. Pay him. Big money. Get him a truck a car a plane but keep him around for next year as if we do we have something to look forward to. Not saying we can't win with the other QBs, but Shrader is such a leader I would love to see him with another year running this O.

As to the Ol why hasn't Vet been moved from center. I know he is our best... at everything grade wise other than getting knocked on his arse half the plays. Loved to see this Ol last night gave me some hope for next year.

As to the D we are playing with HS kids and backups to backups. They fought hard all game, but we are decimated on that side of the ball and Hartman is as good as they come in college. Next year if we can keep the band together, we should be very good. Maybe top 15 good.

Coaches. Dino will be back next year and if he wins six next year he will be extended. He needs to do his job this off season and keep the kids in the program, land a couple of kids from the portal and stay away from the white board.

Let's throw the vault at coach White do anything to keep him and Beck. Dr. Bob as well.

We will destroy BC next week as long as Shrader is good to Go. Looks like Boston for a bowl if we win.

Go Orange!
I am a bit worried about what the weather will be like next week in Boston.

I think we'll play in the Fenway bowl a year we play BC at home.

Frustrations aside the staff did a decent job getting this team to 6-0 and a lead on Clemson.

I posted a similar sentiment in the game thread, but I am really pleased to see:

1) Adams get more run. This guy is a legit threat with good body control, hands and the ability to win 50/50 balls. Does he have another year?

2) Jackson get less run (Adams seems to be everything Jackson is not - I'm not even sure they play the same position or that Adams' reps are coming at the expense of Jackson's...and I don't care!).

3) Alford making the (very slow) transition from 1 highlight reel catch every two games, to 2-3 solid receptions. the light bulb seems to be slowly turning on for him.

4) I've never been as high on Pena as some are here (I just am not a big fan of the shorter slot guys we seem to always be awash in), but he looked solid last night as a situational guy and returner.

Honestly, if Adams does have another year, and Alford keeps developing...I feel better about this group going into next year...especially if Hatcher can get on the field and develop on a similar trajectory as Alford.

“Maybe Allen’s not ready”

“Maybe the staff knows Allen won’t contribute”

Nope.

And don’t even get me started about the wide receivers.

Adams looks awesome.
The irony is having Allen out there kept Tucker fresh. Tucker looked really good last night…..so did Allen. Space for both.

on Adam’s. Looks legit. Rotating people in was key. I think every WR on the two deep made some impactful plays.

Just my thought, im not sure Dino will get extended and I’m not sure he will want to be extended. He will be 63-64 when the contract is done. Could see the university hiring him as an ambassador or something

It is amazing to me how bad Dino is at managing the game. I honestly think he’s the worst I’ve ever seen at any level and it’s not close. He seems to get worse too, which is a head scratcher.
you mean like TCU running the ball with no TOs and under 20 secs left.. coaches are dumb all over every game.

I posted a similar sentiment in the game thread, but I am really pleased to see:

1) Adams get more run. This guy is a legit threat with good body control, hands and the ability to win 50/50 balls. Does he have another year?

2) Jackson get less run (Adams seems to be everything Jackson is not - I'm not even sure they play the same position or that Adams' reps are coming at the expense of Jackson's...and I don't care!).

3) Alford making the (very slow) transition from 1 highlight reel catch every two games, to 2-3 solid receptions. the light bulb seems to be slowly turning on for him.

4) I've never been as high on Pena as some are here (I just am not a big fan of the shorter slot guys we seem to always be awash in), but he looked solid last night as a situational guy and returner.

Honestly, if Adams does have another year, and Alford keeps developing...I feel better about this group going into next year...especially if Hatcher can get on the field and develop on a similar trajectory as Alford.

It was great seeing Alford make plays. The potential is definitely there. It is amazing though how he has yet to have a 3 catch game in his career.

Adams is really looking good. How the heck was he not used earlier in the year.

Pena is really coming on. I think people have missed it due to the losing.

BTW how did Cooper get all that non SU blue gear?

you mean like TCU running the ball with no TOs and under 20 secs left.. coaches are dumb all over every game.
Agree but ours takes the cake week in and week out.

Please sit Vetorillo down. This player has more costly penalties, especially this holding one in this game that cost a TD. PLEEEEEESE.

Go Orange!

When your telling you "HC" its time to give up all in game decision making, its time to tell your HC to move on. This is P5 D1 football, not a company softball team that has Becky from accounting as the team manager.

When your telling you "HC" its time to give up all in game decision making, its time to tell your HC to move on. This is P5 D1 football, not a company softball team that has Becky from accounting as the team manager.
Whats Beckys buyout? Is she available?

Just my thought, im not sure Dino will get extended and I’m not sure he will want to be extended. He will be 63-64 when the contract is done. Could see the university hiring him as an ambassador or something
They should keep Dino as a fundraiser, and hire Bronco as Head coach, he would let his co-ordinators call the plays during the games.

The OL looked good b/c Wake’s front 7 (and entire D) stinks.
Yeah, it was good to see the offense play so much better, but quality of opponent on defense was definitely a factor compared to the games we've had lately.

I’m wondering if the minimal substitutions on offense stems from Dino’s original offensive philosophy of quick snaps and lots of plays. Only problem is that philosophy never fully clicked at SU and we no longer follow it.

Agree there is plenty of room for improvement, but the REAL bottom line is the better teams bully us on both the O-Line and the D-Line. Until we can get bigger and better along the lines, we will struggle.

Hartman had a clean pocket 90% of the time. We cant stop opponents runs if they have a big line. Sean doesn't get any semblance of a hole to run through 50% of the time. We cant even think about having a QB back there who doesnt have plus mobility.

The call on Wake's first TD was absolutely atrocious. Other than that no real complaints with the reffing. Was the call a game changer ??? Maybe, but probably not, as we could not stop them once they got their rhythm.

Its easier to make the decisions from your couch.

This game was lost when Shrader went backwards before halftime and we had to try a 50+ yarder and Wake scored right before half and got the ball back. You always lose when you give up a deflating 7 point TD going into the break. He did the same thing against Notre Dame when the D came up with a pick and the ball in plus yardage only to be put back out there and give up 7.

They scored 35 points in a row on us in game coaching decisions have nothing to do with that.

I don't want to replace my BB and FB coach in the same offseason. Most of the team comes back next year and we have 4 pretty easy OOC games and the ACC slate won't be as tough. We'll have to win shootouts like last night vs defensive battles like @ Clemson or Pitt. I'm totally OK with running it back another year.

I'm not really sure Shrader is good enough. Last night he was healthy enough to throw and he let Hartman out gun him the WRs and line played well but he lets Wake go on a 35 point run and goes backwards on the crucial possession after we are in the red zone with a lead 2 straight plays. Their D was awful plenty of QBs would have looked good last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom