Myrtle Beach and Charleston Suggestions | Syracusefan.com

Myrtle Beach and Charleston Suggestions

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
OK to the wife has mad it clear she's looking for some sort of travel soon but I haven't been to Myrtle in close to 20 years.

Any good recommendations on adult stuff to do? I remember some of the prior places we stayed but was trying to find a more adult oriented type of resort/hotel as the wife is used to adult only resorts but understands thats not an option here. Looked at the Strand, North Beach Resort & Villas, a few others plus the Breakers where I have stayed a few times before and where were leaning.

Last edited:
OK to the wife has mad it clear she's looking for some sort of travel soon but I haven't been to Myrtle in close to 20 years.

Any good recommendations on adult stuff to do? I remember some of the prior places we stayed but was trying to find a more adult oriented type of resort/hotel as the wife is used to adult only resorts but understands thats not an option here. Looked at the Strand, North Beach Resort & Villas, a few others plus the Breakers where I have stayed a few times before and where were leaning.
My highest recommendation for Myrtle is to pick somewhere else to go instead :):)

My highest recommendation for Myrtle is to pick somewhere else to go instead :):)

Ha. We went to Myrle last Memorial Day. Just needed to get out of the house to a place that would be warm, and where we could actually do things.

I hadn't been there in forever, but I was surprised at how, oh what's the best way to put this... seedy it was.

I'd drive the extra hour and go to Charleston. The city is awesome. Food and alcohol choices are second to none, and there are beach towns all around it. Can't go wrong.

As for Myrtle itself, we stayed at the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa. It was a nice place, I'd give it a thumbs up. But walking along the strip to go somewhere to eat, I'd often want to cover my kids' ears... and eyes.

Little harsh, wife's family has had a house there since Eisenhower was president. If you know where to go, there are good higher end places to eat, golf, etc. Stay north of 40th and it's likely fine. But do the Marriott or rent something, avoid the one off hotels.

Ha. We went to Myrle last Memorial Day. Just needed to get out of the house to a place that would be warm, and where we could actually do things.

I hadn't been there in forever, but I was surprised at how, oh what's the best way to put this... seedy it was.

I'd drive the extra hour and go to Charleston. The city is awesome. Food and alcohol choices are second to none, and there are beach towns all around it. Can't go wrong.

As for Myrtle itself, we stayed at the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa. It was a nice place, I'd give it a thumbs up. But walking along the strip to go somewhere to eat, I'd often want to cover my kids' ears... and eyes.

Thanks Chip, funny enough Cuseguy and SuBarney who I trust with vacation recommendations said the exact same thing about Charleston and some of the surrounding areas, looking into them now as well.

Have never been but always thought "hey I'd like to visit there" when it came up. For some reason it always escaped me when the wife and I would try and an something. Really looking into it now

It got a little less awesome after this year, places closed and there was looting. Have a biz partner who had a killer restaurant that's no longer (another place will move in). It's also just stunningly pretty, almost European with it's charm.

Thanks Chip, funny enough Cuseguy and SuBarney who I trust with vacation recommendations said the exact same thing about Charleston and some of the surrounding areas, looking into them now as well.

Don't listen to those clowns. Listen to me. Even though we're saying the exact same thing. :)

Charleston left me in a food coma, and I tried to drink my way through it. I felt like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. Except there was no Elizabeth Shue and I was actually enjoying the food/cocktail bender.

Have never been but always thought "hey I'd like to visit there" when it came up. For some reason it always escaped me when the wife and I would try and an something. Really looking into it now
Go to Charleston. You will love Patriots Point, tour Fort Sumter where the first shOT if the civil war occurred, and there’s an aquarium... who i am sure Mrs. JeremyCuse will totally enjoy! Take the trolley tour of the city from the market downtown, and enjoy King St, with it’s amazing foody restaurants and bars. Other than that, it’s pretty boring! Lol

Or, you could go to Carney on the Beach ((Myrtle))..ugh...but, if you do, a friend of mine owns 2 restaurants there..

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a dick either but had a similar experience. My grandparents have had a place in Myrtle or Surfside my whole life. Went there every single Easter from birth to about 16 and always loved it. 10-15 years passed and went down and visited them as an adult who had been to a lot of places now and was stunned by how gross and terrible it seemed compared to my memories.

If you're driving then I'd absolutely spend an extra hour and head to Charleston or save an hour and head to Asheville. Could even do Asheville & Nashville in a fairly similar drive time.

Go to Charleston. You will love Patriots Point, tour Fort Sumter where the first shOT if the civil war occurred, and there’s an aquarium... who i am sure Mrs. JeremyCuse will totally enjoy! Take the trolley tour of the city from the market downtown, and enjoy King St, with it’s amazing foody restaurants and bars. Other than that, it’s pretty boring! Lol

Or, you could go to Carney on the Beach ((Myrtle))..ugh...but, if you do, a friend of mine owns 2 restaurants there..

Lol thanks Oburg, were definitely sold on Charleston. Looking to do 3 or 4 days there and then a few at one of the surrounding Beach communities ie Isle of Palms(was a multiple person recommendation) or Mt. Pleasant etc.

The aquarium recommendation is already going over well from the better half.

Lol thanks Oburg, were definitely sold on Charleston. Looking to do 3 or 4 days there and then a few at one of the surrounding Beach communities ie Isle of Palms(was a multiple person recommendation) or Mt. Pleasant etc.

Yup. Isle of Palms. talk to Cuseregular about that. He knows the area well. My son lives in Mt. Pleasant. Nice place, but... go to Sullivan’s Island etc.

cool on IOP, Taking the family down end of June.

cool on IOP, Taking the family down end of June.

Thanks, looking forward to it, getting some great recommendations so were hoping to do as much as possible.

Thinking of taking my wife to Charleston for her birthday this Jan/Feb. Looking at breeze and other flight options with an air BnB near king street. Looking for post covid recommendations on things to do, places to eat and places to drink (cocktails and microbreweries). Looking to avoid comas.

Thinking of taking my wife to Charleston for her birthday this Jan/Feb. Looking at breeze and other flight options with an air BnB near king street. Looking for post covid recommendations on things to do, places to eat and places to drink (cocktails and microbreweries). Looking to avoid comas.
When are you going to make a tailgate?

Hey, I rsvp’d for 2.

I was kidnapped to the outerbanks for two weeks, it wasn’t my fault.
you have to imagine Jake blues pleading with Carrie fisher