N. Johnson at tailback...quick to the hole | Syracusefan.com

N. Johnson at tailback...quick to the hole

SmilinBob

Living Legend
It was fun watching NJ play TB. He hit the hole quickly and makes me wonder how this might play in the future? Key part of the game and he's in and not Strickland or Neal, very interesting and it looks like it'll work.

Howards taking over sooner or later. Just has to earn dino’s trust ball security wise

NJ was playing RB and Strick was at Slot at the end. Tell me again that we weren't a little desperate on offense? The defense is struggling, but the offense is as well. I give them props for trying.

It was such an odd game rushing wise. Rushing averages: ED 5.4, Strick 6.0, Neal 4.2, NJ 5 and Howard .9. Those are very good numbers except for Howard but 2 or 3 were near the goal line.

The plays that I saw Strick run I thought it was his best game. Seemed to be running with power and purpose. Thought we should've run the ball more with the success we were having and was disappointed we got away from it.

NJohnson brings a burst to the position that we've been lacking for a long time. Thought it was a good move and shows they are willing to make personnel changes to make things better. They also didn't scratch it up in the dirt, so I'm sure he's been practicing there.

I thought all of our RBs played great. We stuck with it in the 2nd half against FSU. But not against Clemson and Pitt.

It was such an odd game rushing wise. Rushing averages: ED 5.4, Strick 6.0, Neal 4.2, NJ 5 and Howard .9. Those are very good numbers except for Howard but 2 or 3 were near the goal line.
Howard was .9?

Did they call Dungey's fumble he recovered a rush?

Strickland should be in the slot the majority of the game. Say what you will, he’s got better hands than Riley. We saw what he can do given space vs clemson last year. Don’t care if this is an unpopular view.

Talking about hitting the hole quick we are in for a treat in 2019 with Abdul Adams at RB. Heard from a person in the athletic department he is the best RB on the team and Babers can’t wait to get him in the backfield. Here is a video and review from an Oklahoma State website.

“Adams shows immediate explosiveness upon taking the handoff and with his size, speed (4.4 40-yd. dash) and elite change of pace and direction, the 6’0” multi-purpose back from Durham evokes shades of a young Lamar Miller or possibly a not-quite-as-fast-but-close Kenjon Barner. He certainly appears to have the makings of a potential game breaker given the multiple looks employed in Riley’s scheme.”

Talking about hitting the hole quick we are in for a treat in 2019 with Abdul Adams at RB. Heard from a person in the athletic department he is the best RB on the team and Babers can’t wait to get him in the backfield. Here is a video and review from an Oklahoma State website.

“Adams shows immediate explosiveness upon taking the handoff and with his size, speed (4.4 40-yd. dash) and elite change of pace and direction, the 6’0” multi-purpose back from Durham evokes shades of a young Lamar Miller or possibly a not-quite-as-fast-but-close Kenjon Barner. He certainly appears to have the makings of a potential game breaker given the multiple looks employed in Riley’s scheme.”

I'm looking forward to what he'll bring.

vision and feel.

We were avg more per rush than Pitt until 4th Q and OT

Sums up the playcalling that day by Lynch. Inexplicable. Pitt can't stop the run either and SU was gashing them in the third.

Sums up the playcalling that day by Lynch. Inexplicable. Pitt can't stop the run either and SU was gashing them in the third.

yup. It was clearly our best day of the season running the ball and we inexplicably were not running enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom